Toy hauler.

Spankynip

Spankynip

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I am looking to get a toy hauler for my Honda Talon. Can I get some recommendations for a good hauler. I can tow 12500lbs. So don't want to go to big. Something I can haul my Talon in and sleep at least 4. Thanks.:) Taking a trip to the Hershey RV show next weekend. Hopefully I can get a better idea. Several I have looked at so far didn't impress me.

Reactions: Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am looking to get a toy hauler for my Honda Talon. Can I get some recommendations for a good hauler. I can tow 12500lbs. So don't want to go to big. Something I can haul my Talon in and sleep at least 4. Thanks.:) Taking a trip to the Hershey RV show next weekend. Hopefully I can get a better idea. Several I have looked at so far didn't impress me.
2 or 4 seat Talon? Do you want a 5th wheel or bumper pull?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Backwoods and @Ridinfool might can help. They each have a bumper pull.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also don't want something over 36'.
I have a Fuel 260. It is 31ft long weighs about 9000 lbs unloaded I bought it new in 2021. It’s been trouble free and I’ve used it a fair bit. I got 2 more riding trips coming up soon. It will fit your Talon. I haul an RMAX in it. I wished I would have bought a fifth wheel for the separate garage. The plan is to trade it for one at some point. It pulls really good and is comfortable for me and the wife. But I recommend the 5th wheel with a 13 ft garage. I like the extra room. Plus many of them have a half bath and separate entrance for that area. That’s what I will buy next even though it just the two of us. My towing capacity is higher than yours and it is 0 strain on my truck. I can pull it 4hrs to Tennessee on less than 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a Fuel 260. It is 31ft long weighs about 9000 lbs unloaded I bought it new in 2021. It’s been trouble free and I’ve used it a fair bit. I got 2 more riding trips coming up soon. It will fit your Talon. I haul an RMAX in it. I wished I would have bought a fifth wheel for the separate garage. The plan is to trade it for one at some point. It pulls really good and is comfortable for me and the wife. But I recommend the 5th wheel with a 13 ft garage. I like the extra room. Plus many of them have a half bath and separate entrance for that area. That’s what I will buy next even though it just the two of us. My towing capacity is higher than yours and it is 0 strain on my truck. I can pull it 4hrs to Tennessee on less than 3/4 of a tank of fuel.
Yeah but how easy can you find a 13 ft long rug for that one?.........🙄

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I can tow 12500lbs. So don't want to go to big. Something I can haul my Talon in and sleep at least 4.
I am ok with either a bumper pull or a fith wheel.
also don't want something over 36'.
I have a 38’ 5er TH. All that your asking for above is going to make you limited to what you can get. Id personally get a 5er with the folks you want to sleep. Ive done it with mine and it gets a bit tight after 2 days. But most 5er TH’s dry weight are at your trucks max tow weight so thats not gonna do, so dont worry your not gonna come close to 36’. You can get a (bumper pull :rolleyes:) proper name is travel trailer, but your not too far off for max then either. Your also looking at some tightness in sleeping quarters and thats getting one with a rear bed up top. When You start adding slides to the rig (I recommend) then your adding weight then add your buggie then some fresh water and gear your getting up to or over max with your truck. Im assuming you have a 1/2 ton truck? I personally wouldn't advise it pulling a TH especially a 5er that your looking to get. Upgrade the truck first. There are threads here on this and lots of LubeTube videos showing you what were talking about here as well.
One thing to point out, an RV dealer will tell you that you can pull just about anything for the sale. There not always in the best interest of you.

advertisement
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I have a work and play 25 WAB bumper pull. it has a 14' garage and sleeps 4 easy. Weighs about 8k empty. Down sides are that it has a lot of tongue weight ~1200lbs and while the garage/living space is 14', 1/2 of it is only 65" wide. Super tight fit for the P1k5.

Spankynip

Spankynip

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a 38’ 5er TH. All that your asking for above is going to make you limited to what you can get. Id personally get a 5er with the folks you want to sleep. Ive done it with mine and it gets a bit tight after 2 days. But most 5er TH’s dry weight are at your trucks max tow weight so thats not gonna do, so dont worry your not gonna come close to 36’. You can get a (bumper pull :rolleyes:) proper name is travel trailer, but your not too far off for max then either. Your also looking at some tightness in sleeping quarters and thats getting one with a rear bed up top. When You start adding slides to the rig (I recommend) then your adding weight then add your buggie then some fresh water and gear your getting up to or over max with your truck. Im assuming you have a 1/2 ton truck? I personally wouldn't advise it pulling a TH especially a 5er that your looking to get. Upgrade the truck first. There are threads here on this and lots of LubeTube videos showing you what were talking about here as well.
One thing to point out, an RV dealer will tell you that you can pull just about anything for the sale. There not always in the best interest of you.
Thanks. I have a Ford F250 SD. But it does say towing max is 12500.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Had? :(

I really liked your Carbon.
Right! Had 🥺
IMG 0748

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Check out some used Jayco Octanes. I have had good luck with mine so far. Empty it weighs around 6500 lbs. I have the 265 and it fits 4 seat X nice and has lots of sleeping room. Ram 1500 pulled it nicely but have since upgraded to 3/4 ton.
IMG 8876

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
The problem with 5ver TH is the pin weight. With a F250…you’re kinda screwed on the payload dept even though you likely already have the proper hardware from the factory.

You need to decide what is more important to you, the camper part or the hauling of the SXS.

An open floor concept TT like a Fuel toyhauler is working with a F250, or you could go with an enclosed trailer conversion like some on the site do.

The final option is the one that I do. It’s not likely working in PA however. My experience with TH and those whom I travel with is that they suck for what little benefit they bring, and don’t do anything one thing very well. The best day of owning my Wolfpack 325 pack 13 was dropping off at the dealership.

I now have a Reflection 28bh 5ver with a factory hitch on the back in which I use to pull my boat or ATV trailer. This is an option for your F250…depending on if it’s allowed in your state. It’s an option because your pin weight is different with more axles….and you don’t have the heavy pin weight to offset the garage on a TH. You’re still limited to gvw of course.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
now have a Reflection 28bh 5ver with a factory hitch on the back in which I use to pull my boat or ATV trailer. This is an option for your F250…depending on if it’s allowed in your state.
Thats the issue there, if its allowed in your state. Ive looked at this option 20 times over as an option and the problem lies yes ok in my state but with restrictions, and going into more than 1/2 the states its not allowed or your screwed with length. If I stay in my state im good to go. But too dicy going from state to state. Also there is something about having triple tow (what they call it) gives too much pucker factor for me.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks. I have a Ford F250 SD. But it does say towing max is 12500.
You must have a gaser and short bed?
Where did u get that info on your tuck? Just want to make sure your getting the correct info?
What year, motor and If u can provide, Rear axel ratio do u have?
Just fyi On the Ford there is a code on the door data plate that u can look that up in your owners manual btw, and that will also tell you those numbers

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!