P700 What all was changed under the hood on the newer 700's?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Saw this test on the 700-4 today from UTV Action...

Typical UTVA "test" that simply recited what press releases have said. Not exactly hard hitting.

I did notice this pic:
PIONEER3 e copy 1024x683

The first thing that jumped out to me was the lack of a 2nd spark plug common to all post 2015 700's. Also, no wiring for the O2sensor that should be just out of frame in the lower right, about where the oil cap is. And it's hard to tell here...but the end of the muffler looks big and almost oval. And no cat either.

The simple solution is that UTVA simply lifted a pic of the original 2014 700 from the archives, which had none of those. And that would have been my ASSumption...but the heat shields are different than either my OG 2014 or my current 2020.

Did the current machines see more changes than reports have shown?

The other answer: this was a pre-production model from back in 2013 of a not-quite-finalized machine, hence the differences.

@HondaTech what changes have you noticed on the newer ones?

Reactions: Smitty335
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
That's not a Pioneer 700.
That picture is a Big Red (Turd).
(Fun fact, the full name did not fit on the tail gate so it was shortened to just Big Red)

2009 HondaBigRed 10
Look at the cover on the exhaust pipe, it has only one hose clamp at the head and only one on the lateral part of the pipe.
Also the muffler can is even with the back of the engine case, P700 the muffler is set further back.

Good catch @DG Rider

just FYI, my first clue was lack of a CAT.
That's never going to happen again...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's not a Pioneer 700.
That picture is a Big Red (Turd).
(Fun fact, the full name did not fit on the tail gate so it was shortened to just Big Red)

View attachment 399315
Look at the cover on the exhaust pipe, it has only one hose clamp at the head and only one on the lateral part of the pipe.
Also the muffler can is even with the back of the engine case, P700 the muffler is set further back.

Good catch @DG Rider

just FYI, my first clue was lack of a CAT.
That's never going to happen again...

@lee Is correct, that picture is a Big Red not a Pioneer.

I'll do some digging on the what changed year to year.
Well... that makes sense. I've never seen a Big Red except in blurry, out of focus pics on fringe TV shows.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!