P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

L

ladoredb

Oct 11, 2021
ONTARIO
Ownership

1. 520
Deer camp was successful
Received 690035893104837

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I guess chilly depends on what you are used to. Yesterday started out at 26 and got up to 54. I was out without a jacket. All I have been doing with mine the last few weeks is hauling feed to the sheep and a few short runs with the sled dogs. Too warm for any long dog runs.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Installed my Strong Made front basket. I purchased it in ‘18 shortly after buying the P5. On an elk hunt in Montana we came out with 1/2 an elk at night on a gnarly 50” trail. I only had the factory front lights, and the combination of not seeing well due to no light and it blocking right in front made it a hellish ride out.

I took it off, got the Dusty Dawgs and it’s sat in my garage since, and I could never sell it on Craigslist or FB Marketplace.

I decided ‘WTF’ let me put it on again and see how it works with the trails I ride on now.

I cut bungie cords in 1/2 and knotted one end thru the metal mesh- so I can’t loose them somewhere.

I aimed the short light bar down to really illuminate the trail in front of the P5.

BTW, it’s incredibly well made from thick steel. If their other products are as well made I’d buy them.

4581c5b1e0aac67746bf14b01f1dab12

D6bc42dd016f71fcfb383dcd6b8aa43a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry about the axle. What size and brand of tires and wheels are you running? Looks great.

The wheels are the ITTP steelies, which have taken a beating, considering a change to an aluminum wheel. The tires are Kenda HTR bearclaws 27x9 front and 27x11 rear. I really love these tires! They were highly recommend by another forum member here. I previously had the Big Horn 2.0’s, and was not happy with them.

Last edited:
papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Installed my Strong Made front basket. I purchased it in ‘18 shortly after buying the P5. On an elk hunt in Montana we came out with 1/2 an elk at night on a gnarly 50” trail. I only had the factory front lights, and the combination of not seeing well due to no light and it blocking right in front made it a hellish ride out.

I took it off, got the Dusty Dawgs and it’s sat in my garage since, and I could never sell it on Craigslist or FB Marketplace.

I decided ‘WTF’ let me put it on again and see how it works with the trails I ride on now.

I cut bungie cords in 1/2 and knotted one end thru the metal mesh- so I can’t loose them somewhere.

I aimed the short light bar down to really illuminate the trail in front of the P5.

BTW, it’s incredibly well made from thick steel. If their other products are as well made I’d buy them.

View attachment 413713

View attachment 413714

Do you have a picture from inside the cab? I would like see what it blocks.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Here’s the view with the basket. The trailer’s hitch is 13 feet from the front of the P5. I’m guessing without the basket I can see maybe 6 feet in front?

Obviously if I fill it above the top (like with my hunting pack to keep it out of the road dust) it will further block in front of me.

Bf4dd1c41e52fd8f1846e9cfd8251106

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!