BOX1 - TEST

P500 Which Toy Hauler for my P-500?

DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Well now that I have found out how much fun that little P500 is... its time to get a toy hauler! Been checking out the posts and it would appear that getting into the hauler is an issue. At least if you have a smaller one... and suggestions? Honda dealer says compress the rear suspension with ratchet straps and it should fit into most Haulers... what say you gang???

Reactions: 1border4manu
test - test -test
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Best thing to do is to just measure your machine top to bottom and side to side. Take those measurements with you when you go to look for the type of toy hauler that your truck will haul and the amenities that you desire and see if it will fit in the back without any modifications to your machine. That is the ideal toy hauler. The amenities and everything is all up to you it just needs to fit in the back. Do you have a P5 so it shouldn’t be that hard

Reactions: HiFive
test - test -test
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
make sure to allow for larger tires if you don't have them yet.

Reactions: Remington
test - test -test
M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Be careful just measuring just the door height. It can be misleading.
My trailer is a 6x12 v nose type with barn doors. Why no ramp door? Because the angle of the machine on the gently sloping ramp (or driving in level for that matter) wouldn't allow it to clear the door opening. By the measurements alone, the door is about 2 inches shorter than the P500. But by bringing the front or rear tires on to the trailer first, using shorter steeper ramps, (I use car ramps) it allows enough clearance to clear the top of the door and once the other set of wheels are ready to come up onto the trailer, the roll cage is already passed the doorframe and inside the trailer...make sense? In my case the inside of the trailer is taller than the door by several inches. Good luck!

Reactions: 1border4manu
test - test -test
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Be careful just measuring just the door height. It can be misleading.
My trailer is a 6x12 v nose type with barn doors. Why no ramp door? Because the angle of the machine on the gently sloping ramp (or driving in level for that matter) wouldn't allow it to clear the door opening. By the measurements alone, the door is about 2 inches shorter than the P500. But by bringing the front or rear tires on to the trailer first, using shorter steeper ramps, (I use car ramps) it allows enough clearance to clear the top of the door and once the other set of wheels are ready to come up onto the trailer, the roll cage is already passed the doorframe and inside the trailer...make sense? In my case the inside of the trailer is taller than the door by several inches. Good luck!
Whats the height of your rear door opening?

test - test -test
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Well now that I have found out how much fun that little P500 is... its time to get a toy hauler! Been checking out the posts and it would appear that getting into the hauler is an issue. At least if you have a smaller one... and suggestions? Honda dealer says compress the rear suspension with ratchet straps and it should fit into most Haulers... what say you gang???
I was looking myself at this. The jayco octane 161 model year 2017 and up. Reason for 2017 and up is they are taller than the earlier models. At any rate, around here they go for 20000, used if you can find them and 25000 to 26000 new. Yeah have fun with that. The politicians keep pulling cash from common guys like me and giving it to the super rich or the charity cases so back to square 1.

test - test -test
Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Ask the RV dealer if you can check the fit. When I was working at an RV dealer we would let customers bring their golf carts in and make sure they fit

• Love
Reactions: Remington
test - test -test
S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Boy is this a loaded question....My wife and myself are generally the only ones sleeping in our trailer so we bought a 19Ft Ragen that we found used. This was a great find as the previous owner never used it , still had the paper packing on the toilet seat. It came with an onboard fuel system, as well as the other amenities. Keep in mind that the ramp on most Toyhaulers will become an outside deck adding about 8' more living space. Even though it is only 19' if we do need to sleep 4 more we can. This trailer came with a tandem axel and tows great behind my Tundra, and by buying it the way I did I saved about $3500.00US. With that said the size and type has to be something that fits your needs, desires, and pocket book. Just get everything you want the first time no reason to buy less and be unhappy. I did take my 500 over to where the trailer was and loaded it to make sure that it fit before I bought it.

Reactions: trigger
test - test -test
UpnorthP5

UpnorthP5

Sep 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
I had a Puma that had a 7’ high door that gave it plenty of head room, camper is 29’ long.

4BC90EC4 8241 45D6 A59D CEC6F41F7F9A A1DBAB95 602E 42C3 8584 9FB325544E19

Reactions: trigger
test - test -test
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I have a lithium 2414 by heartland with no slide outs plenty of room for p5 width, height, and length. It has a king bed. 6000lbs dry weight 1000-1300 tongue weight. It can haul 10,000 but Tundra can handle about 8,000lbs. with no problem. It uses a lot of gas though no long hauls. Lots of fun!

test - test -test
BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!