P500 Who Else Is Reporting To Deer Camp?

advertisement
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have 1,100 pictures of does. Other members are all getting buck pictures (always at night).

That's OK. When the rut starts, all the poon tane is at my food plot. And I'll thank them for feeding the bucks for me.

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Wife and I went last Saturday and both shot does. First time in years we've taken does. Plan on going back this week and a staying for a month maybe more
20211106 110338

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Leaving Thursday for deer and elk. Friday we will be there and spend part of it reducing the coyote population.
Good for y'all; hope ya lay 'em down. Damn 'yotes . . .

This is the weekend for me. Good luck to you all!
Good luck, hope it's productive!

Wife and I went last Saturday and both shot does. First time in years we've taken does. Plan on going back this week and a staying for a month maybe more View attachment 303683
Those are whoppers, nice job! Mature does can be more elusive than the bucks . . .

G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
Good luck to all

Unlike some of you, my hunting is only whitetail and local (in-state). Hope one of these days to go west for pronghorn and/or mule deer. Have bowhunted almost exclusively for past 15 years. Season began mid-October but so far I'm averaging less than couple days/week. Fortunately, the ~120 acres I lease include some hardwoods and this year clearly is a really good one for many of the white oaks. At times it sounds almost like it's raining! Couple weeks ago watched does browsing intensely then a buck likewise moved to within about 20 yards. He hardly even looked up/around. Never considered passing him because of odd antlers ... but also because opportunities are not numerous.

Beautiful afternoon and nice way to christen the new 520

IMG 1069

advertisement
P

PlumbHunter

May 22, 2021
california
Ownership

1. 500
Late August archery buck from Utah. The 520 handled anything we threw at her with a smile. Really made getting to the ridges before first light a breeze. Speak of breeze I need to get a windshield, utah had a cold snap in august and 34 degrees with a hour drive in SxS was really miserable. lol

Deer

B

BWHunter

Nov 2, 2020
WI
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from northern Minnesota. It's tough hunting in the Arrowhead these days. A number of harsh winters with high wolf and bear populations have made sightings sparse. And our neighbor saw a cougar twice this year! I can't imagine there's enough out there to feed the predators we have for very long. It's been hard to even find droppings in the big woods the last couple years.

Hopefully you all have great luck. It's always nice to spend time in the woods regardless. Enjoy your time out there!

LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from northern Minnesota. It's tough hunting in the Arrowhead these days. A number of harsh winters with high wolf and bear populations have made sightings sparse. And our neighbor saw a cougar twice this year! I can't imagine there's enough out there to feed the predators we have for very long. It's been hard to even find droppings in the big woods the last couple years.

Hopefully you all have great luck. It's always nice to spend time in the woods regardless. Enjoy your time out there!
well at least you have 9 days starting sat. to get your deer in wi.

Last edited:
Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
Got too cold the other night, so climbed down from tree stand and went to one of my shacks to warm up some. Oops, bad idea. Just got in and this big guy come by. Left my bow hanging in tree!
DCP 1493

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Now this is a thread I can relate with! One of the primary uses of my P500 is hunting.

I love seeing how different folks hunt around the country. I'm from ID, so it's mostly mule deer and elk hunting for me.

Here are some pictures from this year from hunting camp in October:

20211022 105932 20211018 185621 45772 20211015 154137

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Now this is a thread I can relate with! One of the primary uses of my P500 is hunting.

I love seeing how different folks hunt around the country. I'm from ID, so it's mostly mule deer and elk hunting for me.

Here are some pictures from this year from hunting camp in October:

View attachment 305125 View attachment 305126 View attachment 305127 View attachment 305128
How well-versed are you on the bears? Was thinking on a spring trip into the Clearwater/Selway for some big bruins

That elk hanging off the Honda is a real nice one!

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
How well-versed are you on the bears? Was thinking on a spring trip into the Clearwater/Selway for some big bruins

That elk hanging off the Honda is a real nice one!
Thanks!

I've spot-and-stalk hunted bear towards Island Park a few years ago but it's gotten so thick with Grizzly that I've chickened out a bit. Mainly looking in dark timber with water sources and lots of grass/meadows for food. The Clearwater/Selway area should be good, too!

20140607 145917 0524131924

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!