P700 Winch Prep...

E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
We pick up our 700-4D from the dealer tomorrow, and I've already got a short wish list for accessories, first of which is going to be a winch (3500 lb) and I know I need to feed power to it somehow.

The key-on power splitter in the store looks good enough for lights or a USB outlet, but doesn't look heavy enough for a winch.

I've got a bunch of #6 after doing some 220v wiring projects at a rent house (dryer outlet & stove outlet), and my first thought was running some of that for a power tap off the battery terminals to the winch (with an in-line fuse).

Next up will likely be a plow (most likely thru the club store here). The quickest way to ensure we get no appreciable snow is to spend lots of money on a plow....

• Haha
Reactions: trigger
H

HondaTech

We pick up our 700-4D from the dealer tomorrow, and I've already got a short wish list for accessories, first of which is going to be a winch (3500 lb) and I know I need to feed power to it somehow.

The key-on power splitter in the store looks good enough for lights or a USB outlet, but doesn't look heavy enough for a winch.

I've got a bunch of #6 after doing some 220v wiring projects at a rent house (dryer outlet & stove outlet), and my first thought was running some of that for a power tap off the battery terminals to the winch (with an in-line fuse).

Next up will likely be a plow (most likely thru the club store here). The quickest way to ensure we get no appreciable snow is to spend lots of money on a plow....
2023 model I assume?

The power wire is already there under the hood, Honda grounds the factory winch to the ground in the passenger side fender well.

Reactions: CID
E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's a 2024. I'm not seeing any spare wires floating about, but we've probably confused matters with the street kit...

There's a small harness with tiny wires, but nothing I'd call out as heavy enough to tap.

41bcb99f66c79822a2bdd863d1c0280f4aa470ed8fcb84c3f658a6dca696d105

Last edited:
E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nothing I'm finding, unfortunately.

I did find a video where the guy had to fish the leads from the battery to the solenoid under the hood, so I'm going to assume that's what I need to do when the time comes.

The more I look at the street kit wiring, I'm probably going to have to clean that mess up first. There's no good reason to take up that much space.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Taped up near the left side I believe should be a thick red wire that comes off the battery for the oem winch.
The tape is blue, IIRC.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!