Winch switch on 700-4

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
Where to place it so it wont look like crap??
ANy one have any good pic of where it is

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Attachments

• Switches.JPG
    Switches.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 488
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The main differences between ours and OEM are:
OEM is limited to 4 Circuits, OEM is not a waterproof fuse block, OEM is not flexible in its ability to add your accessories, OEM is out of reach unless you stop, OEM has no flexibility for winch control, OEM only comes with one switch, OEM requires splicing into a harness, we are plug n play, OEM only has plugs under the dash that you connect OEM accessories to, which means NO wire to your accessories, and no using it for anything other than what they intended. While we provide full wire all the way to your accessory. Also OEM requires TAX and Shipping. Its included in our price.

Ours is more robust than OEM, different strokes for different folks, obviously we had the time and knowledge to make ours and make it clean and neat.
Not everyone can. Also some people will buy the OEM kit and it will work fine for their needs and wants.
We are trying to provide something that answers the needs of everyone else that the OEM just doesn't fit their needs.
We can make it one-off depending on where you want the circuits to terminate, and what kind of circuits you need, they are all individually made anyway.
All you have to do is tell us where you want to put your lights, sound bar, FLIR camera, or Mini-gun and we will provide the wire to get to it.

Please please PLEASE someone tell us they are putting a MINI gun on a PIONEER, if you do your harness kit price will be refunded 120% once we get to shoot it.

You are getting a lot more with our harness than OEM, It isn't cheap but its cheaper overall than OEM because we are providing things that Honda is not.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
wow i think ohana has laid the law down on red mountain switch panels :eek:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha BIGC nah just clearing up the differences, sxs2015 was right it did seem apples to apples when it really isn't.

That was our fault for not being detailed enough.

Minigun offer stands though!!!

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
Wow
I see 299 oem and 400 aftermarket.... Am i wrong??
P.S Going have switch in the glove box...

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
sxs2015 said:
Wow
I see 299 oem and 400 aftermarket.... Am i wrong??
P.S Going have switch in the glove box...
Its not that you are wrong. Its that there really is a big difference.

I'll try to explain.
If you want to stick to factory EVERYTHING then go with the OEM.
If you plan to install ANYTHING aftermarket you should look into those offerings.
The product RMP is producing is more for independent individual who does not like to be limited to OEM products alone.
We want custom lights, our own choice of accessories. Not what Honda thinks we should have.

RMP is new. Once they get rolling and have pictures a better understanding will come of what it actually includes.
You will find it well worth the money if you plan to go aftermarket.

If you just want a 4 port standard off/on switch kit with no pig tail wires.... I'm sure they can do it for $299.

PS. Why would anyone want the switch way over there in that clove box opening when there is plenty of wasted space there on the dash.

sxs2015

sxs2015

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Maine USA
I am just looking at the price of it as we all do.
The hand contrail for the winch in the glov....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
sxs2015 said:
The hand contrail for the winch in the glov....
Are you talking about the remote hand control?
Ya, you could mount it in the glove box..
Others mounted under hood.
I mounted mine beside accessory plug.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have my remote port added in under the factory fuse block.

Drilled a hole.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ba3e20b705e268d3a88bbf3c4144b0d9

Makes for a good place to get power or connect a battery float charger.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No actually I used the short red and black as my winch wire and used the long yellow and blue as the power from the battery.
I used colored tape to recode the wires to avoid confusing myself later.

J

justbarriault

Jul 21, 2014
I mounted my remote hook up on the warning plate on the dash, and mounted my rocker switch to the left of the parking brake. Having it in the middle of the cab is a pain in the @$$ if you are by yourself or if the machines stuck in mud

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!