P700 Wiper motor options w/oem glass

M

Michael56

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys, looking for wiper motor suggestions for my 700-4 with the Honda factory glass windscreen. Ebay and Amazon have tons of kits that I am sure will work but they are all 90 degree sweep. I am looking for 110 at least, and ideally 176 (172?). Are any of you using more than 90 degree sweep?

Also, does anyone know of the sweep degree of the factory Honda wiper? I am sort if considering going with that one, but they say that you need the factory switch panel to go with it, but I can't see why that is a must and can't just make my own.

So ya....I am stumped and can't decide. Will settle for a 90 degree sweep if I have to, but would rather not.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Tag.
Do you have the glass hardcab windshield or the hardcoat OEM flip out?

M

Michael56

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tag.
Do you have the glass hardcab windshield or the hardcoat OEM flip out?

It's the hardcab windscreen, just like this. Honda part number 0SU95-HL3-105

Windscreen

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys, looking for wiper motor suggestions for my 700-4 with the Honda factory glass windscreen. Ebay and Amazon have tons of kits that I am sure will work but they are all 90 degree sweep. I am looking for 110 at least, and ideally 176 (172?). Are any of you using more than 90 degree sweep?

Also, does anyone know of the sweep degree of the factory Honda wiper? I am sort if considering going with that one, but they say that you need the factory switch panel to go with it, but I can't see why that is a must and can't just make my own.

So ya....I am stumped and can't decide. Will settle for a 90 degree sweep if I have to, but would rather not.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.
mine has honda wiper that was on it when i bought it used. don't know what the angle is but u can see the sweep in the snow. also has honda switch plate. hope this helps.

IMG 20190119 122758

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My OEM wiper on a 10005 has the same crappy sweep angle. I wish there was a replacement motor or modification to increase the sweep angle closer to 180.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
My OEM wiper on a 10005 has the same crappy sweep angle. I wish there was a replacement motor or modification to increase the sweep angle closer to 180.

Most small wiper motors are adjustable. They need to be opened and relocate a "connecting rod" device from one hole on a gear to another to change the sweep angle. I'm not familiar at all with the big wiper motors except that they are serious duty wipers. Thanks for the inf. I never looked but it might be worth opening it up to see. this is from a quick google search.

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most small wiper motors are adjustable. They need to be opened and relocate a "connecting rod" device from one hole on a gear to another to change the sweep angle. I'm not familiar at all with the big wiper motors except that they are serious duty wipers. Thanks for the inf. I never looked but it might be worth opening it up to see. this is from a quick google search.
Thanks! I'll take a look.

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a used hard Honda windshield that came with a honda OEM wiper. I also got the factory wiring kit including voltage meter and wiper switch but since I already had built my switch panel I did not want to use thef actory wiring kit. I found a post on how to use I believe a 5 prong relay and simple switch.. Works perfect and auto returns to the stopped position whenever you turn it off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!