P1000 Won’t Shift into 4wd

S

Stumper

Dec 30, 2023
Bandana, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Having issues with my new to me 2022 P1000, shifting into 4x4 and 4x4 lock. Sometimes shifting out of them too. Yesterday I was going up a hill that I needed 4x4 on. Stopped at the bottom shifted into 4x4 and it stayed in turf. Tried in neutral, same. Backed it up and forward some and it stayed in turf. Started up the hill figuring it would eventually shift but it didn’t. Tried 4x4 lock and the same thing. I gave up and backed down the hill 100 feet or so and then it came on. Is this an adjustment issue? How do you adjust for it?

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe on your '22 you no longer have that "shift box" referred to in Doc's second video.

But in general, it's usually in the adjustments. I did have an issue once where a CV joint failed and the axle actually pulled out of the front diff, causing me all sorts of issues like this.

Reactions: TxDoc and lee
npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What is the "acceptable" or "normal" amount that you would expect to need to go before it switches from one mode to the other?

I'm coming from a Polaris Rzr that you hit the AWD button and it was in AWD without moving an inch. On my new to me 2016 P1K5 it seems that I need to go between 10 and 50 feet before it switches from Turf to 2WD or from 2WD to 4WD or to 4WD locked.

Is there a technique to get it to engage faster? In my limited use of it, it seemed to need to go a bit forward to get it to switch. Reverse didn't seem to work.

Does this seem "normal" or do I need to mess with the adjustments a bit to get it to engage quicker?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe need to adjust the cable on the front diff? Think I had to do that on mine a while back

Reactions: TxDoc and npaden

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!