Tires and Wheels

R

Ridinthawing12

Mar 10, 2014
Last week I received my tires and wheels from rockymoutianatvmc.com . I bought the 14" STI HD4 Rims. I went with a 27" STI Roctane Tire. I got the skinny wide combo. 9" Front and 11" Rear. I will have my lug nuts in tomorrow and I will post a picture then and give feed back on tire clearance and ride. I didn't want to go with a Bighorn because everybody and their brother is running the Bighorn.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Heard lots of good news on the Roctanes. Can't wait to see them! Ya, BH's are getting a bit over popularized for sure.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
Has anyone just gone with factory 10" wide wheels all around? The front end sinks in snow with the 8" front tires and gets stuck easily. and it doesn't have enough power to go bigger diameter. So I need more power where I ride, Will exhaust change do it and maybe new intake, Has anyone tried a chip change?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lynn said:
Has anyone just gone with factory 10" wide wheels all around? The front end sinks in snow with the 8" front tires and gets stuck easily. and it doesn't have enough power to go bigger diameter. So I need more power where I ride, Will exhaust change do it and maybe new intake, Has anyone tried a chip change?

I have a set of wheels ready to do that but its not very high on my todo list right now. Hopefully someone will answer that for us both. Id like to know if 27x10 will fit on the front. I am at lower altitude so power is not an issue for me.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I found that the rear wheels will fit on the front if you modify the plastic rock guard on top the calipers. So I ordered a pair of factory rear wheels $50.00 ea. I plan on putting Maxius Big horns 26x10x12 on all 4 wheels, The front width changes slightly from 60" to like 61 1/4". It's a cheap way to get larger dia tires and wider front tires. Should solve the front end from sinking in the snow so bad and give me better clearance.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lynn said:
I found that the rear wheels will fit on the front if you modify the plastic rock guard on top the calipers. So I ordered a pair of factory rear wheels $50.00 ea. I plan on putting Maxius Big horns 26x10x12 on all 4 wheels, The front width changes slightly from 60" to like 61 1/4". It's a cheap way to get larger dia tires and wider front tires. Should solve the front end from sinking in the snow so bad and give me better clearance.

good to know I am looking at ordering a set of 27s sometime soon and putting rear rims on the front.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!