P1000 Pioneer 1000 lower door seals?

M

MReihl

Jun 18, 2018
Mid Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have not seen any discussions about lower door seals and have not seen any kits available to seal up the lower doors.
I have seen a couple of YouTube videos of people trying to seal them up, but not using high quality automotive seals like used in the hard cabs?

Reactions: TxDoc and JenElio
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You havent?🤔

And there is more. Use the search up top and use different phrases. Although this one was easy.

Also, no pics of your rig yet! POIDH!

M

MReihl

Jun 18, 2018
Mid Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Here are pictures of my last two pioneers. The gray one has seals similar to the one in the build you listed. The red 3 seater has the first version of a kit I made and if you zoom in on the picture, you will see it seals very well and is mounted more permanently than just double sided tape. I will post pictures of my latest version this weekend on my brothers 3 seater.

IMG 1348 IMG 3255

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here are pictures of my last two pioneers. The gray one has seals similar to the one in the build you listed. The red 3 seater has the first version of a kit I made and if you zoom in on the picture, you will see it seals very well and is mounted more permanently than just double sided tape. I will post pictures of my latest version this weekend on my brothers 3 seater.

View attachment 427170 View attachment 427171
Wait, so what's the question again?........ you've already done a good enough job of sealing the lower doors but want to know if there's a kit you can use instead???..... I'm a little confused

Reactions: CID and ChadD
M

MReihl

Jun 18, 2018
Mid Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sorry, my intention was to see if anyone had seen anyone selling a kit to seal up P1000 doors so I could compare them to the one I have made. I have had a number of people that have seen mine, that are saying I should start manufacturing them. I am up in the air about it, because when you pencil it out the margins are pretty tight. Definitely would need a some decent volume to make it feasible.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sorry, my intention was to see if anyone had seen anyone selling a kit to seal up P1000 doors so I could compare them to the one I have made. I have had a number of people that have seen mine, that are saying I should start manufacturing them. I am up in the air about it, because when you pencil it out the margins are pretty tight. Definitely would need a some decent volume to make it feasible.
Gotcha, ok that makes more sense. I haven't seen anything on the market focusing on that.......but I really haven't done a lot of research because I could use all the venting/cooling I can get. If the numbers work out you could talk to the bossman here and become a vendor. I'm sure you'd get plenty of business just from this site alone, lots of members up north here

Reactions: Rayger143 and ChadD
M

MReihl

Jun 18, 2018
Mid Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thank you for the feedback, that is an excellent idea. If I decide to go forward with this, I would definitely appreciate the possibility of becoming a vendor.

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 427170 View attachment 427171
Nice rigs! But that P3 is a bit too Red😜

Dont froget to his “reply” then post when replying to someones post/question so they get a message that you did Ike you did😉

• Haha
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used thick automotive floor mats and rubber under them to get to the bottom of the doors. Cut it all to fit the floor layout. Worked as a floor insulator also.

Reactions: ChadD and toddvdh
advertisement
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@MReihl
There was a member upholstery guy from Utah, we once tried to help market his seal kits, through this forum and other.
Good quality kits, great guy, but the price point with his labor and material, didn't punch.
There are so many home cooked solutions, he couldn't get enough volume.
Don't let this deter your business model or idea...just sayin.
Good Luck

Last edited:
M

MReihl

Jun 18, 2018
Mid Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
@MReihl
There was a member upholstery guy from Utah, we once tried to help market his seal kits, through this forum and other.
Good quality kits, great guy, but the price point with his labor and material, didn't punch.
There are so many home cooked solutions, he couldn't get enough volume.
Don't let this deter your business model or idea...just sayin.
Good Luck
Thank you for the information, using good quality materials is a must to get them to hold up to the abuse they will be subjected too. That drives up the cost. Did this member have front and rear kits for the P1000-5? Also do you remember what he was selling his kits for? I am still working on the kit for the rear doors, but should have it completed in the next month or so. I have 3 machines running the front door seal kit currently and the only complaint I have received is the doors are now holding in heat in footwell area of the machine. I will also be making a fan kit to take care of that issue.

Thanks again

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!