GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What is everyone using for truck tailgate seals to stop dust from coming through door gaps and how many feet will it take to do all four doors?
Just to save you some money and time, it’s not going to work. Unless you have a full cab enclosure and keep it sealed up don’t even bother.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What is everyone using for truck tailgate seals to stop dust from coming through door gaps and how many feet will it take to do all four doors?
The only ways to stop dust intrusion is buy a Jeep and never ride on dirt.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio and Scoop
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Agree - these are off road machines designed for the fun of the dust, mud, water, heat, noise, etc. -

Jeep’s/kubotas seal up outstanding, have ac/heat, stereo, and a better option…..

Reactions: Smitty335
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have them on my ‘18 but for different reasons. Still have the originals on my 1/2 doors.

I take my soft cab enclosure off in the summer…and run only a rouge wind screen and some shades. It’s a lot cooler, nearly dust free and so much better imo. Unfortunately with the seals on the bottoms of the 1/2 doors still, your feet do get pretty hot.

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
youll never stop the dust by closing gaps. best to prevent the negative pressure that creates vacuum and the dust swirl in cab. For summer months (dusty rides) here in Idaho I remove my honda glass and wiper and install superatv popup windshield. And of course I remove my soft door uppers, and open the back glass for more air flow. That said, i did add a tail gate seal kit to my doors, after seeing a thread on here. Only $22 on ebay and worth every penny. Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal® 10ft, w/3M Tape for Pickups (new/other) But it was for winter riding, to keep my heat in and cold out. Huge gaps in pioneer cabs. I bought Honda for other reasons, but these cabs enclosures and finish suck compared to the CanAm defender and a Polaris ranger.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!