P1000 '22 Front Door Shims

fernandw

fernandw

Dec 13, 2021
SE LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My door latches have never properly met the lock assembly since new. From the factory, the latch adjustment on the UTV was bottomed out, not allowing you to adjust when closing. Passengers would slam the door to close or fail to close the door fully. Hinge bushings helped to remove the "slop" of the OEM bushings, but it still didn't allow the door to meet the latch properly.

I printed some 2 and 4mm wedges for the bottom front door hinge, and have much better engagement of the door on closure with the 4mm set. Just remove the bolts and place the shim between the door frame and the hinge.

For those without access to a printer, you could use paint sticks or wood shims, but this blends right in.

IMG 20240121 134033

2mm and 4mm STLs attached.

* added STL files

r/Wade

Attachments

• Pioneer_Hinge_Wedge_4mm.stl
    32.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Pioneer_Hinge_Wedge_2mm.stl
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
T

tnoutdoors

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2022
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My door latches have never properly met the lock assembly since new. From the factory, the latch adjustment on the UTV was bottomed out, not allowing you to adjust when closing. Passengers would slam the door to close or fail to close the door fully. Hinge bushings helped to remove the "slop" of the OEM bushings, but it still didn't allow the door to meet the latch properly.

I printed some 2 and 4mm wedges for the bottom front door hinge, and have much better engagement of the door on closure with the 4mm set. Just remove the bolts and place the shim between the door frame and the hinge.

For those without access to a printer, you could use paint sticks or wood shims, but this blends right in.

View attachment 415596
2mm and 4mm STLs attached (rename the .txt files to .stl after downloading).

r/Wade
2022 Forest.
My striker is also bottomed out. I did not pay much attention to it prior to adding the OEM soft doors. I have had to fight them a lot more than I imagined I would. I added the RB3 bushings, I even took the doorside slam latch off looking for any adjustability. No luck. Still fighting the the doors especially with the vinyl windows zipped up. The upward lift and slam gyration is a giant pain and a solid door closure is too often a multiple try deal. Needless to say the experience is not what you would expect from Honda.

Thanks for posting this, I will gladly take any idea or solution that improves or solves this problem. Not sure if this issue is wide spread or contained to certain years/models but a custom striker relocation or slam latch alteration seems doable for the engineering minds on here.

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
fernandw

fernandw

Dec 13, 2021
SE LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2022 Forest.
My striker is also bottomed out. I did not pay much attention to it prior to adding the OEM soft doors. I have had to fight them a lot more than I imagined I would. I added the RB3 bushings, I even took the doorside slam latch off looking for any adjustability. No luck. Still fighting the the doors especially with the vinyl windows zipped up. The upward lift and slam gyration is a giant pain and a solid door closure is too often a multiple try deal. Needless to say the experience is not what you would expect from Honda.

Thanks for posting this, I will gladly take any idea or solution that improves or solves this problem. Not sure if this issue is wide spread or contained to certain years/models but a custom striker relocation or slam latch alteration seems doable for the engineering minds on here.
Agree, mine is the same. I had enough when a passenger did not close the door fully and it opened while backing out of the garage, hooking a post, bending the lower hinge and destroying a set of 3d printed bushings.

Loosen your bottom hinge bolts, stick a paint stick or shim between the hinge and the door frame and tighten her up to see if it raises your striker up enough.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!