540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Sorry about that click-bait title (and the crappy cell phone pics) 😁...
Spent a couple of hours adding a little detail to the tailgate. It's a few shades off, but will make do. It looks far better from 20 feet than 2 feet. Needs some cleanup work, but glad that's over with...now I can have a beer.

IMG56765ryuIMG56765ryv

540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Thanks!!!
I like it, been considering the same thing
Thank you too....FYI, it's oil base paint. Scuffed the letters with 80 grit, applied with brush, and went over it with a small foam roller. Will likely add another coat. We'll soon know how well it holds.
It seems to have darkened a bit since applying...which is good.

540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
That stuff is the bomb!
Use it whenever can get it I use it. Lasts a lifetime in most cases. 🖕🏼 water base.
And 🖕🏼 the environmentalist libs for pushing for it to be banned
Yeah...F' them!!! It's a all a sham.
All about their ultimate goal of making sane people miserable (like them), and broke.
My grandfather used to pour good ol' inexpensive (back then) leaded gasoline along the fence line to keep the weeds from growing where the mower couldn't reach. Today, grass and weeds grow along that same fence line where gasoline was poured.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah...F' them!!! It's a all a sham.
All about their ultimate goal of making sane people miserable (like them), and broke.
My grandfather used to pour good ol' inexpensive (back then) leaded gasoline along the fence line to keep the weeds from growing where the mower couldn't reach. Today, grass and weeds grow along that same fence line where gasoline was poured.
Yeah Roger that!
So, wife got some stain Sherwin-Williams,
For the front porch at the cabin once. Says she got a good deal! Well it was water based🙄 go finger! Sooo we put 2 coats on. Looked good freshly on. Told her it wont last a year and a half!
So when I put the deck on in the back of the cabin that same summer, I too went to Sherwin-Williams and asked for oil based stain. The guy had to go to the back to get it. Same color as the front. One good heavy coat and let her soak.
Within a year that front looked like $hit like it had Micheal Jackson Skin disease and the back deck looked like i just put it on. It's now 5yrs later and the back could use a little touch up from moving things on it but it still looks great.
As for the front, we changed to boards to composite 🤣 was looking like $hit from that water base stain and we got a good deal on the decking lol

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Back on track to your thread lol sorry to derail it.
Here is mine. Reflective silver honda.
Got it 7yrs ago from Creative UTV graphics and still holding up to a power washer and deer blood
IMG 4919

advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everything voids the warranty lol

Your letters look awesome!

I will include mine in a similar fashion that others have displayed. My front and rear are vinyl.

IMG 1679

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!