Winch mount plate with reciever mount and tow hook

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Made the winch mount plate out of 3/16 steel. I used one of the factory bumper bolts to grab and hold the plate.I also made the plate so that it will use the lower part of the bumper as well.At the same time I put a D ring into the plate under the winch to use it for pulling or a tie down.The nice part is that I will beable to move the winch from the front and use it on the back as well.Just need to take it apart and paint it up one warmer day.

Attachments

• winch mount 003 (Small).jpg
    winch mount 003 (Small).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,595
  • winch mount 009 (Small).jpg
    winch mount 009 (Small).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,193
  • winch mount 012 (Small).jpg
    winch mount 012 (Small).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,417
  • winch mount 004 (Small).jpg
    winch mount 004 (Small).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,509
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
thats a good idea to be able to use it front or rear i just never liked all those cables running down the frame looks good slowdryrider post a picture when all painted up and finished

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Pretty cool... given no after market solution, coupled with your skills, necessity once again became the mother of invention and innovation :idea: . I'm pretty sure you have the very first Pioneer with front / rear winch capability. Good Job!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I really like this idea. Makes it a universal mount to hold anything from a winch, a rack, or fishing rod holder at the beach.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
bigc said:
thats a good idea to be able to use it front or rear i just never liked all those cables running down the frame looks good slowdryrider post a picture when all painted up and finished

Got the winch mount and reciever finished and painted.One extra thing that I did to the reciever was to add some 5/8" rod to act as a bumper to protect the winch, plus they also act as a handle to carry it from the front to the back.

Attachments

• winch mount done 001 (Small).jpg
    winch mount done 001 (Small).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,459
  • winch mount done 002 (Small).jpg
    winch mount done 002 (Small).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,246
  • winch mount done 003 (Small).jpg
    winch mount done 003 (Small).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,271
F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I like this idea allot. Having a winch that will pull from both ends makes lots of sense. Only issue for me is……where do you keep the winch when your using the rig to ride the trails? Seems a bit bulky to hang on the back all the time…..and I use my receiver for trailers allot. Too bad there is not good storage on-board for the winch……like in a little accessable compartment located under the drivers seat (?). (are you listening Honda????)

I'd pay dearly for this winch….which could be locked in a compartment and available to me - or others on a trail ride. Nice idea! for any OEM. A new model like this could sell new UTV's.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
looks really good slowdryrider that superwinch terra should last you many years

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
Outstanding solution. Have been trying to figure out how to mount a receiver to the front, if possible do you have any more shots of the unit before you mounted it? The hot set up is to put a hitch on the front to move boat trailers, etc around the yard. Once you use a front mounted hitch you will never move your trailers from the back end. The front mounted hitch receiver is very popular for trucks and jeeps.
The winch bracket you made is available with the 3/8 rod is commercially available at trailer parts web sites. Great design.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Beacheagle70 said:
Outstanding solution. Have been trying to figure out how to mount a receiver to the front, if possible do you have any more shots of the unit before you mounted it? The hot set up is to put a hitch on the front to move boat trailers, etc around the yard.
Sorry just checked my pics and I don't have any more then what I posted. What exactly are you wanting to see.I could try and take a pic or 2 of what your wanting to see as long as I don't have to take anything apart. LOL

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
Thanks, please do not take it apart, it's too neat. I was looking for the attachment points. For example are the plates on the sides of the receiver welded to the receiver? Also is the entire plate one piece of metal rolled on the lower end with a cut out for the receiver? The tech guys at my dealer and I have been looking for a way to put a receiver on the front, but we are not sure the front bumper would take the stress of a winch or weight of a trailer.
Dale.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
The reciever is welded onto the top of the plate.The plate is one piece I bent it at the bottom to beable to bolt it to the lower oem bumper. Its rolled to follow the oem bumper and bent at the top to follow the underside of the oem's bumper rails. There is also a bolt near the front holding the plate to the side rails of the bumper. The ends [closest] to the Rangers frame have a step down so that when the bumper is put onto the Ranger these slide over the Rangers frame where the bumper mounts to. This way when I install the bolts to hold the bumper on its held onto the Ranger's frame as well.The plate isn't going to fail because its using all of the oems frames mounting points and all the load is being applied to all the mounting points at the same time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!