Tell me about your sand riding experience with P4!

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
I live in oregon! I do a lot of dunes riding! I am wanting to get a sxs. I love Honda! How does it do in the sand??

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
It does well but pushes in very tight slow turns. If I were in the dunes I'd wait to see what honda brings to the table in the next year or 2. Lots of rumors of a sport model. I'd think in the very near future they will offer another 4 seat model with more displacement and a few more bells n whistles. They made the first model most affordable to quickly gain some market share and visibility. Get ppl familiar and interested and follow up with more goodies later! As far as dune riding it should do as good as any other 700 class sport utility SxS. If you're looking to tear up the dunes just remember that this is only about a 35 hp machine. Lots of low end torque but not a racer. Hope this helps!

M

motorman587

Sep 12, 2013
I have nothing to compare the P4 as I have come off of motorcycles. It handles the Florida sugar sand very well, doesn't like the Florida swamp mud, where skinny ATV tires have gone through. LOL We use ours on a daily basics, picking and taking kids to the bus stop, stuff around the house to taking the kids to their horse riding lesson. I am very pleased with the P4 and it appears it will be around in the family for a while.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Oregon, sorry but not many (if any) dry sand riders here yet. Ya, most ride wet creek sand but that is totally different then dune sand. If I find a dune rider I'll send them your way.

If you don't plan to power up huge sand hills then I would expect the Pioneer to do just as well as the others. I would consider a different tire as your first mod though.

Welcome to the site, I hope we can get a answer for you soon.

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
Thanks, I appreciate your response! Yeah, there probably wont be any powering up big hills because my wife barely likes to do that in her ATV! lol

O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
Oh just figured I would ask again :) Anyone have any sand experience with the Pioneer?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If there was a sand hill anywhere close by I would go today and give it a run for you....
But, I have no clue where one is around here. Sorry.

C

clarks

Nov 6, 2013
I too am interested in finding out. I missed the Halloween trip to Glamis but will be going out soon.
I don't plan on racing around, just take the family sight seeing at the dunes & using in the forest. I'm a big Honda fan & like the 'no belt' idea of the Pioneer.
I will check back in when I see them at the dunes.

advertisement
O

Oregondunes89

Oct 17, 2013
Thanks guys for feedback! I'll let u know if I see one too!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!