P700 10" wide tires on stock front wheels?

Mdtfc

Mdtfc

Mar 26, 2017
maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just ordered a set of 4 27x10x12 raceline bruiser tires. I like the look and functionality of running the same size tire on front and back. Can I run a 10" wide tire on my factory front wheels? Anyone doing this? Anyone have pictures? I guess if I need to I can get new wheels or look for 2 factory rear wheels to run on the front. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
The tires on the front will end up being a little taller than the rear. I'm no mechanic, but that might be extra wear on the gearing when in 4x4.

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just did it on my Honda Foreman, with stock wheels, and in the same tire size you have listed. I have also done it on previous ATV's as well. Technically speaking @eastenn is correct, but I don't think it will be drastic enough to hurt anything. If you want to play it safe, don't engage your pioneer 700 in 4x4 on hard surfaces, which you shouldn't have a need for in most cases. People do it very often, I think you'll be fine.

IMG 1118

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep It won't hurt anything if anything it will hurt is your tires.They will wear funny on pavement

Mdtfc

Mdtfc

Mar 26, 2017
maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks I appreciate the replies. I am going to try to find another set of stock rear wheels for the front but if not i know I can make it work now. Thanks

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks I appreciate the replies. I am going to try to find another set of stock rear wheels for the front but if not i know I can make it work now. Thanks
Stock rear wheels will rub the caliper ever so slightly when mounted to the front without wheel spacers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!