P1000 1000-3 gas can

D

Dasmoeturhead

I'm looking for ideas for a spare gas can in the 1000-3. I currently just carry a small 2.5 gal can, but would like 5gals, and something attached. Any ideas?

D

Dasmoeturhead

I use to just carry a 5 gal gas can and just strap it down really good,
Thats what I'm doing now. I've got a spare tire strapped down in the bed now, and would like the gas can out of the way. Not much room in the P3. Just about every nook and cranny is stuffed with recovery equipment, tools, ignition parts, and all kinds of stuff I've discovered I need when I'm by myself, and that's always.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
i put a couple of Wavian containers in my P3

95C15972 FDD3 4D2A 9B2D 0D6EAB135947
FE160BD4 1305 42B5 B0ED AFB1914BA84F

S

scdaf

Mar 31, 2021
central Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted a 3 gal. Rotopax on our Purt"near and haven't carried it since. At first, I was concerned about the small fuel tank, but experience has taught me this puppy is pretty parsimonious with fuel. I figure, the way I ride, I can go around 160 miles on a tank. Since there's a gas station on the way to our trails, we just always start with a full tank.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I mounted a 3 gal. Rotopax on our Purt"near and haven't carried it since. At first, I was concerned about the small fuel tank, but experience has taught me this puppy is pretty parsimonious with fuel. I figure, the way I ride, I can go around 160 miles on a tank. Since there's a gas station on the way to our trails, we just always start with a full tank.
This is true, but sometimes Murphy will somehow creep into my plans.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!