P1000m5 1000-5 le

B

Bubbadoyle

Mar 28, 2017
Lodi WI
I had a 2016 1000-5 deluxe. Loved it but it was just involved in a fire and a total loss. As soon as insurance is taken care of I’ll be looking to replace it. I can get a 2018 le at a discount. I’m just wondering if anybody on here can let me know if the Fox shocks increase the comfort of the ride for the rear passengers. I really don’t have a preference of i4wd or traditional but would like the extra protection underneath and the additional storage under dash. Just wondering if it’s worth the additional price for me. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a 2016 1000-5 deluxe. Loved it but it was just involved in a fire and a total loss. As soon as insurance is taken care of I’ll be looking to replace it. I can get a 2018 le at a discount. I’m just wondering if anybody on here can let me know if the Fox shocks increase the comfort of the ride for the rear passengers. I really don’t have a preference of i4wd or traditional but would like the extra protection underneath and the additional storage under dash. Just wondering if it’s worth the additional price for me. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. Was this a structure fire that took the Pioneer with it or the machine itself?

Reactions: TimG
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Its worth the upgrade and rides a lot better

B

Bubbadoyle

Mar 28, 2017
Lodi WI
Sorry to hear that. Was this a structure fire that took the Pioneer with it or the machine itself?

It was the machine itself. Was ice fishing a tournament on the lake and it wouldn’t start at end of the day so I hopped on my buddy’s atv with him to take my fish in. Headed back out an hour later to deal with it and it was completely burned. Have no idea what the cause was.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It was the machine itself. Was ice fishing a tournament on the lake and it wouldn’t start at end of the day so I hopped on my buddy’s atv with him to take my fish in. Headed back out an hour later to deal with it and it was completely burned. Have no idea what the cause was.

Maybe a jealous popo owner came by and set it on fire!
Seriously though, sorry for the loss, regardless of the cause... that totally sucks.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Wow. That is extremely strange. Especially after it sat all day....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1K5LE

1K5LE

Oct 19, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! Obviously we would all be very interested to know what your thoughts are on possible causes. Any aftermarket parts, 2nd battery set-up, heater etc.? Any fuel cans, grills, lanterns and so on? Got me thinking on my insurance coverage!

As for the ride, I've been in a standard 1000-3 a few times and that is all I can compare to my LE. The Fox shocks are definitely worth the upgrade IMO! The ride difference is night and day. I don't ride aggressively or rough terrain often so I keep mine on the "comfort" setting 99%. It really soaks up the bumps which makes a big difference for rear passengers on thin pads. If I had a deluxe or standard and rode in a LE I'd probably buy them aftermarket.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow! Obviously we would all be very interested to know what your thoughts are on possible causes. Any aftermarket parts, 2nd battery set-up, heater etc.? Any fuel cans, grills, lanterns and so on? Got me thinking on my insurance coverage!

As for the ride, I've been in a standard 1000-3 a few times and that is all I can compare to my LE. The Fox shocks are definitely worth the upgrade IMO! The ride difference is night and day. I don't ride aggressively or rough terrain often so I keep mine on the "comfort" setting 99%. It really soaks up the bumps which makes a big difference for rear passengers on thin pads. If I had a deluxe or standard and rode in a LE I'd probably buy them aftermarket.
I can't get any LE owner to let me drive there's, wonder why? I saw only one LE owner get stuck and that was because he was high centered and after that a Deluxe broke an axel trying to go go up in 2 wheel drive. Which brings me to a different topic, Tread Lightly, the reason for them the , Forestry dept. shutting down trails is erosion and we should all be mindful of that, put it 4 wheel drive and coast up the mountains, we are shooting our selves in the foot when we try to prove we can do it in 2 wheel drive.

advertisement
E

Eric37866

Lifetime Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sharps Chapel, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 17 model and added everything the LE comes standard with except of course the i4wd with brake porportioning and hill start features. I also went with trail armour skids over the aluminum ones the LE comes with. I rode it with the standard shocks before upgrading to the Fox. The Fox are worth the coin in terms of ride comfort...I could tell a major difference. I do miss the load level feature of the deluxe shocks for rear passengers but if you crank the rear shocks up stiffer it helps to keep the rear from sagging as much. I say if you aren't mechanically inclined to add things you want yourself then the LE is worth the coin for all the extras you get stock. If you want to pick and choose what add ons you want and you prefer a mechanical front locker then it's probably a better bet to get the deluxe and build it as you see fit. If you figure the price of the added parts in conjunction with the time installing them, the LE is a pretty good deal...I just preferred the mechanical locker and I wanted the trail armour plastic skids because they slide over things and don't bend like aluminum does. Another thing on the deluxe...if you want to replace axles you have a good selection of aftermarket to go with..unlike the LE which I've been told are made different due to the added tone rings for the wheel sensors. Also, you don't have to worry about wrapping a stick or vine around a wheel speed sensor wire and losing your electrically assisted front lock...just some things to think about...in the end both are solid choices..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!