P1000 1000-5 Rear Panel Replacement

M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
L&R rear panels on 2022 1000-5 Deluxe have been on order for nearly three months. I’m given the same update every time I inquire - “ETA is unknown.” Certainly Honda regularly communicates with its supply chain just like Partzilla comminicates with Honda. Purchasing and shipping is not done in a vacuum, regardless of COVID and global supply chain challenges. Honda customer service won’t acknowledge my attempts to communicate with them, and Partzilla simply sticks with the script. Does anyone have any experience with 2022 OEM parts shaking loose from China? If the capacity exists to manufacture new machines, why not plastic body panels? Any thoughts, words of encouragement or suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
suggestion,

buy used panels that are available from eBay, if not correct color, get painted, live with it, apply a wrap, apply many decals

they don't know when stuff is coming, same reason acres are covered outside with new vehicles waiting for parts for final assembly, same reason we wait from PLC's, VFAC drives, electronic crap, etc at work - get quoted 36 weeks with an asterisk this is just an estimated delivery time - we will update you closer to delivery date - and cost is 2X

H

HondaTech

The only way we can check availability is through our backorder list and whatever date Honda gives us.

Partszilla is probably different, since their not the typical "dealer"

What part numbers are you waiting on?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
L&R rear panels on 2022 1000-5 Deluxe have been on order for nearly three months. I’m given the same update every time I inquire - “ETA is unknown.” Certainly Honda regularly communicates with its supply chain just like Partzilla comminicates with Honda. Purchasing and shipping is not done in a vacuum, regardless of COVID and global supply chain challenges. Honda customer service won’t acknowledge my attempts to communicate with them, and Partzilla simply sticks with the script. Does anyone have any experience with 2022 OEM parts shaking loose from China? If the capacity exists to manufacture new machines, why not plastic body panels? Any thoughts, words of encouragement or suggestions would be appreciated.
I read an article on Mattel toys, they for saw the shortage coming and pre ordered, maybe Honda needs to hire some Mattel purchasing employees?

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only way we can check availability is through our backorder list and whatever date Honda gives us.

Partszilla is probably different, since their not the typical "dealer"

What part numbers are you waiting on?
Hi. I don’t believe dealers are getting any sort of date, just “back ordered with no ETA“ or something like that. 73510-HL4-AKOZB and 73610-HL4-AKOZB

M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
suggestion,

buy used panels that are available from eBay, if not correct color, get painted, live with it, apply a wrap, apply many decals

they don't know when stuff is coming, same reason acres are covered outside with new vehicles waiting for parts for final assembly, same reason we wait from PLC's, VFAC drives, electronic crap, etc at work - get quoted 36 weeks with an asterisk this is just an estimated delivery time - we will update you closer to delivery date - and cost is 2X
Thanks, appreciated.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hi. I don’t believe dealers are getting any sort of date, just “back ordered with no ETA“ or something like that. 73510-HL4-AKOZB and 73610-HL4-AKOZB
Were getting the same info on certain parts in HVAC business. We still have people waiting a year for certain parts. All still after affects from the Scamdemic AKA Chinese Murder Virus.

• Wow
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Were getting the same info on certain parts in HVAC business. We still have people waiting a year for certain parts. All still after affects from the Scamdemic AKA Chinese Murder Virus.
I'm so sick of that crap!

Reactions: Remington
M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any feedback / thoughts to share regarding those part numbers you asked about? Thanks.

H

HondaTech

Any feedback / thoughts to share regarding those part numbers you asked about? Thanks.

Pretty much no ETA from what I'm seeing.
You could try getting them on CBO from a dealer, not sure if Partszilla does that or not.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!