1000 LE worth the extra money?

M

marksmac3

Jun 17, 2020
truckee CA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am wondering whether folks think that the I-4wd and fox shocks are worth the extra cash over just buying a 1000 Deluxe and buying the same shocks to put in myself?

Reactions: Isaiah
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am wondering whether folks think that the I-4wd and fox shocks are worth the extra cash over just buying a 1000 Deluxe and buying the same shocks to put in myself?
The Fox shock and other accessories are good, but the deciding factor against and LE is I did NOT want the I4wd. I much preferred the lock front Diff, so I stayed with the Deluxe.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've had a 2016 P1K5 Deluxe with over 3k miles and now a 2018 P1K5 LE with over 4k miles on it.
I have been very satisfied with the I-4WD system, no issues at all. Some shy away due to the added cost, complexity, and potential for issues due to the added technology to make I-4WD work and they want the security of being able to manually select a fully locked front differential.

If you dont intend to run extreme difficult terrain the I-4WD does offer the advantage of set it and forget it driving experience by turning easier and tighter than the Deluxe version in 4WD and 4WD Lock while kicking in when needed.

All depends on personal preference, I love the added internal storage, front bumper and Fox Shocks which all 3 can be had for about $2k vs. a $4k difference between Deluxe and LE MSRP.

It all boils down to if painted plastic and I-4WD is worth another $1500 over the aforementioned options.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had a 2016 P1K5 Deluxe with over 3k miles and now a 2018 P1K5 LE with over 4k miles on it.
I have been very satisfied with the I-4WD system, no issues at all. Some shy away due to the added cost, complexity, and potential for issues due to the added technology to make I-4WD work and they want the security of being able to manually select a fully locked front differential.

If you dont intend to run extreme difficult terrain the I-4WD does offer the advantage of set it and forget it driving experience by turning easier and tighter than the Deluxe version in 4WD and 4WD Lock while kicking in when needed.

All depends on personal preference, I love the added internal storage, front bumper and Fox Shocks which all 3 can be had for about $2k vs. a $4k difference between Deluxe and LE MSRP.

It all boils down to if painted plastic and I-4WD is worth another $1500 over the aforementioned options.

This sums it up pretty well.

Reactions: JACKAL and Isaiah
R

rickoshea

deluxe gives you the choice of 4wd or 4 lock.i use 4wd for muddy, long ruts where i don't want to fight the steering.5k more for shocks and a front bumper,and other stuff i have no use for?pass.i did purchase Elka stage 3 shocks though,which according to my research are superior to Fox qs3's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!