ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have plans to make mine street legal so I picked up a TurnPro Deluxe kit.

It has the Horn and the Trailer Pigtail included.

The instructions are pretty clear, a little more detail on mounting and splicing locations could be provided for the rear lights(I should have taken a before shot of where I spliced into the rear lights but all I have is an after).

Otherwise I really like the kit.

For this I will be using this portion of the kit.
Ec07df5dda1bfaff28cddcc38c75d948
This thing sounds really good far better than the generic AutoZone horn I already had and was going to replace
9e63ab48f9d644369ae536864e8b1783

The included horn button, add-a-circuit, and turn signal switch included with the kit will be set aside since I already had a lighted horn button, lighted DPDT switch from OTRATTW(to give me a dash signal indicator), and a circuit on my PDM60 that I was already using for the crappy horn I had installed.
C2148fc627bd552c8959e3f1eed7f3d7

I started by finding locations for switches by the steering wheel.
Be warned the location on the right side will really only be good for a single switch as the gauge cluster sticks out under where I cut my hole. Luckily the upper switch in the picture with no rocker is going to be used for a purpose where I only needed the switched contacts and not the ground or led contacts, so I was able to cut them off and grind them down to make it fit.

If you're going to put two switches on one side the left side would be best.

2e9fd0dd4593ea756c98bee0a722c7fb
Ca64f3cdb0bb152bd3fa1adf97e77663

If you install rockers where I did I advise against using a plastic switch slot, the dash is curved enough it doesn't quite sit flush but it's too late for me.

Instead install them separately like I have the turn signal switch.
I am going to add a Hazard switch directly below it and wire in the TurnPro harness with the diodes.
A5ab9e2a2ee43047bd017d88b0f95deb

Next I installed the front lights, a ¾" wood paddle bit is perfect. I measured them so they would be sitting evenly spaced and centered. Drilled the holes and pushed the grommets in then the lights.
385b6a5e529ce084674ea50589c60175

I placed on high and on the side of the a pillar just because three wouldn't fit on the fender flare.
3d3ebabb37d824b0a4a2e2022e166afa

I think I will order (6) more similar lights and splice them in since the Honda Accessory bumper makes it hard to see from all angles.
I'll place them on the outer edge of the factory head lights.
061f60305ddc776cd218d8ea29f6b113

This location is perfect due to being able to run the wiring harness between the inner fenderwell and the fender. It protects it front limbs and sticks and other things trying to rip it out.

With that out of the way I moved onto the horn.

The only space I had left under the hood was here. So I bent the bracket to lift it up and over the factory relays.
516e1814ac7f3e3d6b38ace6d8205643

I ran the TurnPro harness along the crossbar and down into the space between the fenders. The sides are labeled so it's fairly difficult to screw up and get them backwards but also not a big deal if you do. Since it's easy to re-run the wires.

The White Wire on the TurnPro harness is GROUND.
Red is Positive from battery, So anywhere along the harness you can splice into these wherever is convenient to get power.
Since my PDM60 is mounted to the passenger side of the under hood area I placed the flasher relay under the dash along with the extra wire from the front turn signal portion of the harness.
Then spliced into the TurnPro harness and got power and ground to my PDM60 and ground point under the hood.

I was able to use the same splice to get power/ground to the flasher, my turn and my horn switches.

I then connected the green and yellow wires to the turn switch and fed the positive output to the horn from its switch.

Using the supplied switches is even easier they plug right into the harness you just have to find a place to mount them that you're happy with and can reach.

The power feed in the middle of the harness for the 700 I cut off and taped the ends. As I didn't need it where it was.

Now to the dirty part.

Drop your skid plate, cause you've got to run the wires along the inside of the Drivers side of the lower framerail. Then up the upright just to the rear of the engine and DCT filters, this will bring it right to the rear light harness.

This is where I should have taken a before shot. Oops.

765f974859ba7c989a374d7559f0ecb0

With the ignition off and battery disconnected cut the factory harness about the middle of where I have the converter mounted. It's 6 wires in a ¼" wire loom running right where I have the Converter mounted.
(2) BROWN-TailLights
(2) GREEN- Ground
(2) GREEN/YELLOW - Brake Lights

Then you have the TurnPro Harness you just ran back there.
White-Ground
Green-Right Turn
Yellow-Left Turn

Follow the rear portion of the harness back to a point under and in front of the tailgate to a connector. Disconnect the connector and pull that portion you cut loose away from the machine.
Again another before shot would've been helpful. You can just see the factory connector to the right of the left pivot point of the bed.
E127bffe30f92396affc512988403930

On the cut end strip and twist the two green wire together and do the same with the two brown wires.

Next it's helpful to have a 12v DC power source whether it's a spare battery or a 120 to 12v power supply.

I used a spare battery I have just for this purpose along with some alligator clips.

Take the pigtail and plug it back into the harness, while you're at the rear of the machine. Connect the GREEN to the negative side of your power source and then pick one of the green/yellow wires from the rear portion of factory harness. Very conveniently one runs the left brake light and one runs the right one. Note which side lights up for the one you picked.

Take the converter, the rear portion of the harness and the trailer pigtail (if included in your kit) over to a work bench. You can make all of these connections there much easier.

Connect the "trailer" side of the converter to the rear portion of the harness( and trailer pigtail)

Converter----Harness[Pigtail]
White-----Green [White]
Brown----Brown[Brown]
Yellow----Grn/Yel for left Brake[Yellow]
Green----Grn/Yel for right Brake[Green]

Once you've made all these connections, you can take this new harness with the converter back to the machine and rerun it the factory route back to the connector under and in front of the tailgate.

Clean the plastic with rubbing alcohol and stick the converter in place.

Here's the last bit.
To the Vehicle/Car side of the converter

Converter----Factory Harness[TurnProHarness]
White-----Both Green[White from TurnPro Harness]
Brown----(1) of the two Brown
Yellow----[Yellow from TurnPro Harness]
Green----[Green from TurnPro Harness]
Red------(1) of the two Green/Yellow

765f974859ba7c989a374d7559f0ecb0

Reconnect the battery, turn key on and check the operation.

Last step find a cold beverage and enjoy your handy work.

B86034a270b938392166d15628ea262a

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanacreek
I am not sure what lights you plan on ordering.
10X Red 10X Amber Mini 12V 3/4" Round Side 3 LED Marker Trailer Bullet Light US | eBay
I order these from Ebay, I low-balled and we settled on $10 shipped. I went a different route with my turn signals. Just thought I would share a link and price I paid for mine. If I knew where they currently were, I would offer them to you. If I come across them this weekend. I will let you know.

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanacreek
I am not sure what lights you plan on ordering.
10X Red 10X Amber Mini 12V 3/4" Round Side 3 LED Marker Trailer Bullet Light US | eBay
I order these from Ebay, I low-balled and we settled on $10 shipped. I went a different route with my turn signals. Just thought I would share a link and price I paid for mine. If I knew where they currently were, I would offer them to you. If I come across them this weekend. I will let you know.

Amazon has these (LINK) for $9.95 Prime and they look near the same. So I picked them up and will drill 6 new holes and splice them in. They are LED so I am not worried too much about overloading the flasher, it ran my trailer with Incandescent bulbs when I hooked up to it to test the trailer pigtail.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Just installed TurnPro’s kit with the trailer plug. Works great!!! Very easy.

CherryBomb

CherryBomb

Feb 24, 2022
Nashville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning, folks I need help as im
Installing the turnpro signal kit with license plate holder , horn , and flashers , so I have all the back wiring harness done , but under the hood I can not find the factory harness to connect to the turn pro harness , I have a 2022 pioneer 1000-5 , it looks like they’ve shrink wrapped everything , and I have no idea what to tear into . I know this is a plug and play , but I had an issue with the back lights also , so I called the company, and the fella that I spoke to said I had to wire off one of my break lights instead of the main wiring harness , so there’s a bit of difference with my model . Sorry to ramble on , but some of you guys know this wiring stuff like the back of your hand , and I could truly benefit from yalls knowledge. I sent a picture off the turnpro installation pdf file .

F61E1C3E 727F 4A62 929C 23E30B612EA6

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the Pioneer 1000.
It is plug n play except for providing power to it. You must supply power somewhere.
You can either hook directly to the battery or a key-on source.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID and FJC 79
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is/was some blue above the factoey battery. This is a key-on source.
You can tap it or buy a connector for it. At the link below.

Ground to the frame or battery.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

CherryBomb

CherryBomb

Feb 24, 2022
Nashville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you , that helps alot before I go splicing and dicing all the wiring under the hood , looking for a connector that doesn’t exist .

Reactions: FJC 79
CherryBomb

CherryBomb

Feb 24, 2022
Nashville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for that link too , just thought of something, there’s actually a small pin connector just lying under my hood , not connected from factory . I’m at work but when I get home I’ll take a picture and try to trace it to its source , maybe you could advice if this would be a power source . Man I wish I’d payed for attention in shop class when we got to the electrical portion .

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yours is a 22 deluxe.
You have blue tape above the primary battery, it houses a single-wire connector that is key-on. see the link above.

Then, you have blue on the passenger side, above the cubby hole. This is for the 3 on/off switches.
These 3 connectors are dead. We just released a harness to help solve for their uselessness.

Reactions: TripleB and FJC 79
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is there an option to have a steering culumn lever like in a car instead of a dash toggle?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Is there an option to have a steering culumn lever like in a car instead of a dash toggle?
Ryco makes one with that option:

Ryc 20 utvptur sug hor kit 1934130008 c21b6001 b522 4fe2 860b 3918148fc538 1080x

Reactions: ODAMO and FJC 79
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ryco makes one with that option:

View attachment 358011
When I do it I may go that route. I would like using them to feel natural and automatic so when on the road thats one less thing to think about. Especially if the wife or kid drives it.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I Have the XTC version. It comes with a dash mounted switch. It is cumbersome and clumsy. A column lever would be much better and natural. I wonder if the Ryco lever is compatible with the XTC system?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I Have the XTC version. It comes with a dash mounted switch. It is cumbersome and clumsy. A column lever would be much better and natural. I wonder if the Ryco lever is compatible with the XTC system?
Not sure. The Ryco has Blinkers, Flashers, and Horn all on the stalk.
Probably some rewiring involved to convert it

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!