Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the dewalt 20v inflator and it works good. You can set it to a poundage and it is accurate to a 1/10th. But I don’t bring on the trail as it is a little big ... I would also not bring the Milwaukee either due to size.

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Although I don't own it, I'm lusting after this one based on its ratings....

Looks like it's pretty powerful, and on sale right now.
Size matters if you plan to carry it in you machine. That's huge. From the web: L/W/H 14x15x10. My Viair 85P is 9.2 x 5.5 x 6.8 inches . Don't know if it's apples-apples, or if the Northern Tool dimensions include the bag...

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmm. Really good point. They do have smaller versions (similar size to your Viair). I have a couple of super cheap ones that have been sufficient as a trail compressor, and a number of bigger compressors for the garage/barn/shed.

I probably need to find something else to focus my interest in!!

Thanks!

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
plus if read it right, draws like 45 amps LOL

WTXoffroader

WTXoffroader

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2019
Kermit, TX
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
Look at this one it works good. I aired a tire up that was completely off the bead and it put it on

That's a good little compressor. I abused one for about 8 yrs before it finally quit. It got a lot of use airing up trailer tires, 35s, and 80 psi truck tires and it spent the last couple years riding in the back of the truck with no filter.

They also sell them under the Superflow brand. They cost more, but look identical so I don't know what the difference is.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Last edited:
Reactions: nitzo
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Nitzo

I received my Milwaukee 12 volt air compressor yesterday that I bought after seeing this thread it is a nice little unit I think we will really like using it instead of a air pig.

That's good news. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am mine. Hell, I just used it a little bit ago, it's a "go to" tool for sure.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
C

carlsonjmc

Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This one works great for us. Very good duty cycle, we’ve aired up big truck tires. Also has enough hose and cord to get to the trailer tires if needed.
Can just throw it in the back of the sxs and no worries. Beat the hell out of it and no issues. Was nice because we don’t really take care of things sometimes and nearly every other one we got was destroyed before we used it.
View attachment 197310
I ordered this a month ago to replace the Husky, it is a great setup, works great. I would recommend this if you have room for it. I keep all my tire repair stuff in it as well. It’s a complete kit.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I ordered this a month ago to replace the Husky, it is a great setup, works great. I would recommend this if you have room for it. I keep all my tire repair stuff in it as well. It’s a complete kit.
Same here. Everything tire related is in that box always ready to go. Seems like the pokies know it too, we’ve had far less flats since buying the compressor lol

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good write up, thanks for the input. I'm looking for one to take on the trail. Totally agree on the cheaper ones getting destroyed before you get a chance to use them. My personal requirements for a trail air compressor are: 1. It has to run of the battery, so I'll probably run a battery tender line from the battery to the middle access panel where the fuse are. Then modify the wires on the air compressor. Obviously the 10 amp fuse for the accessory plug blows easily. 2. It has to have enough power to put a tire back on the rim if you pop it off. The Viair seems to get the best ratings. Whatever I get, I'll wrap in foam before I put it in the storage box!

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use the Viar 88 and it fits perfectly in the rear most section of the rear door storage mod. I carry the paintball tank and plugs in a dry bag in the bottom of same door.

Reactions: PhilCod and TripleB
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good write up, thanks for the input. I'm looking for one to take on the trail. Totally agree on the cheaper ones getting destroyed before you get a chance to use them. My personal requirements for a trail air compressor are: 1. It has to run of the battery, so I'll probably run a battery tender line from the battery to the middle access panel where the fuse are. Then modify the wires on the air compressor. Obviously the 10 amp fuse for the accessory plug blows easily. 2. It has to have enough power to put a tire back on the rim if you pop it off. The Viair seems to get the best ratings. Whatever I get, I'll wrap in foam before I put it in the storage box!
I should say I do have a Talon, and storage is non-existent, unless added.

Spektrum84

Spektrum84

Aug 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’ve got a CyclePump from bestrest products that I’ve always packed with my motorcycle for trips. I’ve used it a couple of times without issue, even for full size car/truck tires. Packs down very small, great quality fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!