Talon 14" Wheels on an R

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can anybody confirm/deny that 14" wheels can be run on a 1000R?

I'm picking up my R on Saturday and would like to go ahead and order beadlocks if I can get confirmation ahead of time that they don't interfere with the brake caliper and/or the upper/lower a-arms.

Reactions: Vondy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I would like to know for sure as well. I read where one person put them on and they worked, but clearance was very tight.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to know for sure as well. I read where one person put them on and they worked, but clearance was very tight.
I believe @my99svt threw his 14's on his before signing on the dotted line.
If you have a failure next week, I'm sure we can bolt a 14 on with a spacer if needed to get you back to camp.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Specifically, I’m looking at a 14” with a 5+2 offset so I can run the 30” Carnivores that I already have or a set of 29” Bighorns that I have.

If push comes to shove, then I’ll order a 15” set of wheels and a new set of tires, but there are so many more options with a 14” wheel.

@my99svt are you able to chime in on this subject?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Specifically, I’m looking at a 14” with a 5+2 offset so I can run the 30” Carnivores that I already have or a set of 29” Bighorns that I have.

If push comes to shove, then I’ll order a 15” set of wheels and a new set of tires, but there are so many more options with a 14” wheel.

@my99svt are you able to chime in on this subject?

5c90e4dbf6a4833e6b08f243f027ba41

They fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great, thank you. Forums are wonderful things.
jasond, when you put yours on let us know the measurements outside front and rear tires. I have a set of 32" Carnivores I would like to use and just need 14" wheels, the right offset of course.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
jasond, when you put yours on let us know the measurements outside front and rear tires. I have a set of 32" Carnivores I would like to use and just need 14" wheels, the right offset of course.

I’ll report back. I plan to start a full build thread so I’ll have a good amount of information on there. I also have a YouTube channel and I’m sure I’ll be putting videos up as well as I go.

Reactions: spentcoins

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!