P1000 15"wheels air pressure

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just changed over to 15" wheels with lite truck all terrain tires so what air pressure do I need to go with ?

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run 14psi with 14” 8 ply tires. You’re gonna get a lot of different answers on this as all tires are different. You may have to experiment and figure out what is best for you

Reactions: ChadD and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Beadlocks or not?, big difference in what you can get away with. Riding style also enters into the equation. One of our members ran 8 lbs. on stock wheels for a couple thousand miles with no problems. I got uncomfortable at 12 lbs. because sometimes I ride like my hair's on fire and come down hard on a front tire. Note that I'm in a Talon fwiw, but weights are similar. I'm running 8 front, 9 rear with beadlocks and the guys I ride with swear I'm way too high for our slow rock crawling. But I swear that, once a day at least, I'm hitting the rim.

There is no answer, pick a number, give it a try.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Achilles Desert Hawk MT 30x9.50r15 on non bead lock wheels, and I run 10 PSI in all 4. If I go over 12 they start to ride really stiff/rough. I do not trail with my Achilles.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The best way to determine correct inflation is to find a level stretch of blacktop pavement or driveway. using a bucket of water and a rag, wet each tire tread then slowly move the machine onto dry pavement and inspect the footprint left by each tire.

Alternatively, slowly drive each tire through a wet spot or puddle then inspect the foot print of each tire on dry pavement.

The footprint should show the full tread width of your tires. If over inflated, only the tread center will print. If underinflated, the tread center will not leave a clear print.

Adjust tire pressure accordingly and try again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mountain Whiskey
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@HBarlow

"If overinflated, the tread center will not leave a clear print."

I think you meant to say under-inflated ............ Good points

Reactions: HBarlow
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@HBarlow

"If overinflated, the tread center will not leave a clear print."

I think you meant to say under-inflated ............ Good points
You are correct. I must have had a senior moment.

I corrected it.

Reactions: CID
Mountain Whiskey

Mountain Whiskey

Dec 10, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The best way to determine correct inflation is to find a level stretch of blacktop pavement or driveway. using a bucket of water and a rag, wet each tire tread then slowly move the machine onto dry pavement and inspect the footprint left by each tire.

Alternatively, slowly drive each tire through a wet spot or puddle then inspect the foot print of each tire on dry pavement.

The footprint should show the full tread width of your tires. If over inflated, only the tread center will print. If underinflated, the tread center will not leave a clear print.

Adjust tire pressure accordingly and try again.
Hahaha! Were you a Jeep guy before? We did that or drew chalk lines across the tire to see what rubbed off. Your wet tread method would be best with the aggressive utv tires though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!