BRed 1986 big red...

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That is a gorgeous ATC you should post it to 3 wheeler world, I am a member there they would like to see such a low mileage clean time capsule. They eat, sleep and breathe ATC's they have guys converting street bikes to 3 wheelers to ride legally on the road, converting racing Honda 4 wheelers to trike's and restoring original machines.

My XR650L conversion

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
I remember bouncing off one of those when I got a little too cocky and tried a small jump...OUCH!
I here ya... I was going up a 35 degree hill when I first got it and the tires started to slip because I was leaning forward too much and then the tires grabbed again.. up and over she went as I grabbed the brakes so it did not come over all the way on me...never did that again...

Reactions: Mudwing
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Curious, what are you doing to prevent/reduce the possibility of rust in the tank?
nothing but it is all drained and in a year around heated garage... the tank is like new inside...sometime you are just better keeping the tank full so there is not a chance of condensation due to a temperature swing... unless you are going to ride it often... it may go on the auction block next fall... then I will have the money and the big red will be gone and so will the money soon...nope, I am keeping it..
I am getting up there in age though...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Very nice looking trike. Original tires. I didn’t know they came with odometers.
they did not, I logged all my rides... 3.5 miles a year to drag a deer out up at the cabin... it is not more that 120 I do know that... hard to prove though...yes original tires... bty I just noticed you won something.... way to go...not sure what though...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Man thats a nice Big Red! I love those old ATC's. Ive owned tons of them over the years. None of mine ever looked as nice as yours though.
well thanks, I never got my use out of it that much, waste of money, maybe... if that money had been in the bank, lookout... but that is not fun... I thought it was going to be a lemon one Honda took it off the market or become a collectors bike...it did take some time because from 95 or so on nobody really wanted them that much as I recall... but after 2005 the market picked up a lot...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
What I have to know is why only 118 miles?
No way it could sit around here and not be run. Must be a story to tell.
there is a story...in short I was on the road in sales and never got the chance to use that much except when I took my vacation in the winter deer hunt... I moved out of state for a number of years to blue springs, mo. and then moved back to mn.

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
If you live in Florida or near Florida three wheelers are being raced again. Some riders got together and race at tracks around Tampa I have been wanting to watch I have owned 3 myself Honda 200s, Yamaha 200, Honda 250sx. My grail is a 350X because you can't get your hands on Tigers unless you have a pile of cash or a pile of cash to restore one.

The group is on facebook they race the 250R's, the Tecates and Tri-z's.
ok thanks...

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
That is a gorgeous ATC you should post it to 3 wheeler world, I am a member there they would like to see such a low mileage clean time capsule. They eat, sleep and breathe ATC's they have guys converting street bikes to 3 wheelers to ride legally on the road, converting racing Honda 4 wheelers to trike's and restoring original machines.

My XR650L conversion
ok I will do that, I did not know it existed... I guess I do not know everything at age 63

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red

My XR650L conversion
nice trike...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!