P700 2014 700-4

R

RockHopper

Aug 29, 2016
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all,

Mulling buying a 700-4 for better family riding. Ideally I'd get a new 700-4 Deluxe but that might be a bit of a budget challenge at present. A dealer a few hundred kms away (I'm in Canada) has a 2014 700-4 for $11.5k CAD. For comparison a new 700-4 Deluxe lists for CAD$16700+tax). The 2014 has 4000kms on it, new tires & a number of accessories. Of course being a 2014 base spec it doesn't have power steering which seems like an essential? Worth buying and accepting that an aftermarket power steering needs to be fitted, or should I save my money for the 2018?

TIA
Rockhopper

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
2018 comes with Power steering and paddle shifters on the new deluxe!!!!
PS is very nice. If you wife will need this. Ease of driving and stops the kick back on the steering wheel.
Not sure how many dealers around you. but here in the states, calling around you seem to get a wide range of pricing dealer to dealer.

Reactions: Deluxe700
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't think that the used one is too much.
But I can't see it or the accessorys.
Myself I would save up and get the new one.Or suck it up and have some type of payment.
If I would have waited till I could afford my 700 I would still be waiting.Better family riding right now meant more to me. You never know what life brings or how much you have. So you better get out there and start riding.And getting to put your own accessories on is part of the love.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The miles (kms) on the 2014 scare me. You don't know how it was used/abused.
Everyone has to work within their budget. so if you can't swing a new (or newer) machine, at least see if the dealer can offer some assurance or warrantee or something to protect your investment. $11,500 won't be much of a bargain if you are broke down all the time.

PS: Can you take it to a mechanic (or another dealer) and ask him to look it over?

R

RockHopper

Aug 29, 2016
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't think that the used one is too much.
But I can't see it or the accessorys.
Myself I would save up and get the new one.Or suck it up and have some type of payment.
If I would have waited till I could afford my 700 I would still be waiting.Better family riding right now meant more to me. You never know what life brings or how much you have. So you better get out there and start riding.And getting to put your own accessories on is part of the love.

Here's the ad: 2014 Honda Pioneer SXS 700 M4C camo - Gander, Newfoundland Labrador | NL Classifieds . Situation in this part of the world is that there is limited competition between dealers in the province & supply of used vehicles at least is limited. Case in point, I'd like to trade my 2012 RZR against a P700 and the only dealer I've found who is willing to do this is a 500km drive away! Haven't asked this dealer yet whether they'd countenance a trade.

Having a payment is inevitable. It's the amount and the duration of them that's important. :) Getting out riding is the point though. Today we go on a 2 up ATV and a RZR. I'd like to have both kids in the P700 and capacity to take a friend if needed. The Mrs prefers the ATV!

Reactions: swsebek
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
If I recall correctly, the ‘15 and newer models also have an O2 sensor installed which alleviated some of the power issues at high elevation if that’s something that may be an issue for your riding areas

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would say get a new deluxe if at all possible. The PS and paddle shifters and not to mention the warranty is worth the extra cost. You will buy PS for the 2014 eventually which is 600 US$ (don’t know Canadian price). You will want to upgrade the 2014 shocks to what the 2017 already has, you will wish you had the O2 sensor unless you live and ride at sea level, and every time you climb a hill you’ll wish you had the ability to downshift at your discretion, trust me on that! I understand living within a budget but I think you’ll be money ahead in the long run with the new rig. Besides when properly maintained you can expect thousands of trouble free miles from that 700, and you’ll know the history of the new one.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
i opted for a new machine. The power steering and paddle shift is wonderful, and have no regrets on moving up to the deluxe model. I would not go for the 2014 you mentioned...just too much to have to add to it to make it the way you would want it to be. Good Luck

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!