P500 2015 Honda P500 code 1, Help

D

Devinjay92

Sep 6, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
So, I've read through the forums here pretty extensively and found some information. My p500 is throwing a code 1, the check engine blinks for .5 seconds every 3-4 seconds on repeat.

When I looked up the p500 code list, I discovered this is typically indicative of a map sensor issue. So I called the local honda powersports dealership and they could not find a map sensor in their parts. So I talked to the service tech who told me that he's never seen one of these go bad, and to get at the map sensor (located behind the seat on the throttle body) and make sure it's not loose or disconnected.

My question is, is the code 1 definitely a map sensor on the p500, 2015 model? Is the tech right that they don't really go bad, and it's just loose (I'm at work now)? Is the map sensor a part of a sensor set that I would need to buy?

Thanks in advance for any info

Reactions: Smitty335
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
There is definitely a map sensor.
And while I would agree it's not common for the unit to go bad there have been a few issues where the wire breaks and causes a false failure.

The wire breaks right at the head and is not visible to see. But if you were to take it apart it would fall apart.

I even worked to source this connector for a few guys.

So. I would start there testing wire connectivity.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

D

Devinjay92

Sep 6, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
And while I would agree it's not common for the unit to go bad there have been a few issues where the wire breaks and causes a false failure.

The wire breaks right at the head and is not visible to see. But if you were to take it apart it would fall apart.

Thank you, ill check there as soon as I get home. Is it tough to get to?

D

Devinjay92

Sep 6, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500

Hello again, I've ordered a new connector but before I swap it out I was wondering if I can use a multimeter to assess the sensor or the connector. Any tips on what i should be looking for?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!