2016 Pioneer 1000-5 shuts down

B

BobbyV22

Jun 27, 2022
Palmetto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After washing down the 1000-5, I took it for a drive to air dry it. Got about 100 yards down the driveway and it just shut down. I tried to put it in neutral and this thing wouldn't move (was going to roll it out of the driveway). it would start in neutral, but as soon as I tried to put it in reverse, or high gear it automatically shuts down. I turned it completely off and waited a min or so and it fired right back up and I got it about another 20 yards away and it did it again. I shut it down and waited about another min or so and it fired up and I got it to the barn. Fired it up about 10 min later and ran around the yard for a few mins and then it did it again, this time I was able to count the flashing - marks. I got a 57. So I looked through the book and it says it is a TR sensor or its circuit malfunction or gear shift mechanism malfunction. I see people saying to check the grounds and I'm not 100% sure where these grounds are. I just recently had the motor completely rebuilt. I'm looking for a part number for this TR sensor and I'm having no luck manual doesn't list part numbers. I see something called a speed sensor on partzilla, but not sure if this is it. I also want to make sure if I am buying this sensor that I am not just throwing money at an issue only to find out that was not the issue. I'll be heading back out to the barn first thing in the morning to look for these grounds and check the TR sensor for being tight. Ran fine until I did the rinse down this afternoon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!