2016 Pioneer 700 worn out at 4300 miles??

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2 qts of oil in 600 miles on a single cylinder engine it should be puking oil out of exhaust and smoking bad thats alot of oil. makes no sense at all if exhaust is dry and it's not smoking where is all the oil going. I call bs u might wanna read your owners manual And make sure your cking it right
******THIS******
There is a procedure for checking the oil on the 700.

B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 4300 miles on my 2016 1000-5 and it does not use oil at all. That is unacceptable in my opinion. I would bring it back to that shop or find a different honda dealer not too far away, within those 20 days. They should cover it. Also call honda support and report it there. That way they have more of a trail of it within your warranty period. What good is the extended warranty if they won't cover the engine???!! That's too big a price tag to fix it, when it should be covered.
Let us know what happens.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
You might want to check your front and rear output shafts from the transmission, as the oil seals will sometimes leak and there will be oil on the skid plate. And check the oil filter cover, it might be leaking also.

Reactions: rtn001
S

Santa

Jul 30, 2018
Kimberly, WI
Ownership

1. 500
I have had the same oil consumption problem with my 2017 Pioneer 500. Bought it used with 820 miles on it. Now have 7600 miles. It has used a quart of oil about every 150 miles. No smoke, no leaks and air filter is regularly cleaned. I use only Honda GN 10w40 oil. This is the only Honda product that I have owned (and I have owned many) that used oil. I love the machine and just keep adding a quart of oil regularly. I wish I had an answer to the problem. All I get from the dealer(s) is the old "dirty air filter" refrain. My thought is that it must be an oil ring problem.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have had the same oil consumption problem with my 2017 Pioneer 500. Bought it used with 820 miles on it. Now have 7600 miles. It has used a quart of oil about every 150 miles. No smoke, no leaks and air filter is regularly cleaned. I use only Honda GN 10w40 oil. This is the only Honda product that I have owned (and I have owned many) that used oil. I love the machine and just keep adding a quart of oil regularly. I wish I had an answer to the problem. All I get from the dealer(s) is the old "dirty air filter" refrain. My thought is that it must be an oil ring problem.
You can do a leak down test to see if it is the piston rings. Or if you can get a peek at the cylinder walls that might help also.

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Man, without an update or ANY OTHER FORUM POSTS, it makes me wonder if this guy was checking his oil wrong. The scary part is that the dealer was willing to do a rebuild. :oops: Hopefully I'm wrong.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!