Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just an FYI...
2017 FRONT A-Arms are different than any previous year model of the P700. Even in the shop manual it shows the 2017 different. Different shape, and ball joint mount.
I wanted to mention that because if you purchase FRONT A-Arm guards, and think all model years have the same fitment ....they do NOT...
Even EMP specifically says on the page for their guards...."THESE DO NOT FIT 2017 Model Pioneer 700, only 2014 -2016"
I discovered that the "stick stopper" brand A-Arm guards I had on my P700 were rubbing the frame, during normal ride flex of the suspension. Bad thing is the dealer put these on and should have known this fact.
Anyway, I took them off and tried to adjust the mounting, but no luck...it still rubs the frame..VERY BAD RUB. If I had not discovered this, it would have put a hole in the front down tube frame just below where the bumper attaches. I primed and touch up painted the bare metal, and took both guards off. I am going to modify the "stick stopper" guards by cutting a corner off, so it doesn't rub, and then I should be OK.

Just wanted to pass this on..

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Update: I called StrongMade..who makes the stick stoppers A-Arm guards that I have...and asked them about 2017 P700 Front guards..They said YES..they had to make a change for the 2017 models..but they do have them in stock. So, my dealer just put on the old model on by mistake..they look fine when the machine is just sitting there, it's when the suspension flexes....I called them and they said just bring them back, they are ordering me a new set for the 2017 model and no charge. They said I could pick up on Saturday....so ... all is good.

Oh Yeah..I called EMP as well and they said " yes we know they are different, but they are not planning on making them for the new model yet...They said they will make them, but just not soon..they said they may wait till they can get their hands on a 2018 to make sure 2017 and 2018 are the same...FYI

Last edited:
Reactions: Superfan75
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got my new Strong Made stick stopper front A-Arm guards in and installed. They ARE different for 2017 P700 A-Arms. They even mount different, and the instructions has a picture of a 2017 P700 to show you the "new" install procedure. I had some tell me the A-Arms are just different on the Deluxe models but I'm not sure I believe that...I think it is all 2017 models. But I haven't confirmed.
Anyway...Just wanted to pass on the info..

Reactions: Mudwing and Max718

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!