P1000 2017 pioneer 1000 le low idle only when doing clutch relearn

C

Codymcvay56

Apr 24, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First post on here and desperate for help. My 17 pioneer 1000 le has been a giant pain in my ass ever since I got it. Have operated it how it should when in mud. Low range stopped when changing into gears. Then clutches burnt out. Replaced them myself and was good for a few rides. Then shift motor died out on me a few months ago, was dying every time I put in park or neutral till it eventually wouldn’t do anything at all. Keep in mind was running perfect just wouldn’t drive before replacing shift motor. Trying to do clutch relearn because at/mt light is on and won’t take it because every time I do clutch relearn it dips down to 200 rpm then dies. BUT ONLY WHILE TRYING TO DO CLUTCH RELEARN. if I’m not in the clutch relearn process it will idle perfectly fine. Have already replaced plugs, wires, both coil packs, fuel pump, aicv valve, throttle position sensor, tightened and cleaned all grounds, battery has good voltage. But I don’t think any of that is my problem anyways. Just doesn’t make sense as to why it only idles low and dies when trying to do clutch relearn. Any help is appreciated. Also no engine codes

C

Codymcvay56

Apr 24, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from the Putrid Swamp Run Michigan!

Congrats on your first post BTW.
We need pics of your rig to better serve you Please!
Pics Or It Didnt happen!

0D6B2E13 1A3E 46FF A9DD F33D1806D055

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice rig! That thing is tall!
first owner, how many miles?
did it have the clutch update or did u did the full update when u did the clutches? Im sure with all the mods you have, many more questions will be asked

Reactions: Smittyp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First post on here and desperate for help. My 17 pioneer 1000 le has been a giant pain in my ass ever since I got it. Have operated it how it should when in mud. Low range stopped when changing into gears. Then clutches burnt out. Replaced them myself and was good for a few rides. Then shift motor died out on me a few months ago, was dying every time I put in park or neutral till it eventually wouldn’t do anything at all. Keep in mind was running perfect just wouldn’t drive before replacing shift motor. Trying to do clutch relearn because at/mt light is on and won’t take it because every time I do clutch relearn it dips down to 200 rpm then dies. BUT ONLY WHILE TRYING TO DO CLUTCH RELEARN. if I’m not in the clutch relearn process it will idle perfectly fine. Have already replaced plugs, wires, both coil packs, fuel pump, aicv valve, throttle position sensor, tightened and cleaned all grounds, battery has good voltage. But I don’t think any of that is my problem anyways. Just doesn’t make sense as to why it only idles low and dies when trying to do clutch relearn. Any help is appreciated. Also no engine codes
Welcome from NW Arkansas! Help will be along shortly.

C

Codymcvay56

Apr 24, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice rig! That thing is tall!
first owner, how many miles?
did it have the clutch update or did u did the full update when u did the clutches? Im sure with all the mods you have, many more questions will be asked
Thank you. I love this thing other than the slough of problems that are going on with it. I am the Second owner, first owner used it on a ranch have book he kept of all oil changes and regular maintenance done to it. Has 4800 miles. I did the update myself when I replaced clutches.

H

HondaTech

Check the ground wire next to the starter motor. Those are known for stripped bolts causing all sorts of issues. You have to put a wrench/socket on the bolt since it will feel tight by hand.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you. I love this thing other than the slough of problems that are going on with it. I am the Second owner, first owner used it on a ranch have book he kept of all oil changes and regular maintenance done to it. Has 4800 miles. I did the update myself when I replaced clutches.
This one with the new cover or just the clutches?
778CF3B8 48DC 4056 BE47 8955263E9723

C

Codymcvay56

Apr 24, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Check the ground wire next to the starter motor. Those are known for stripped bolts causing all sorts of issues. You have to put a wrench/socket on the bolt since it will feel tight by hand.
I have already taken that one and the one directly under driver seat off, cleaned with wire brush and reinstalled with no Change

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I quite possibly could be wrong, but I think to do a relearn the engine has to be at normal operating temperature and engine off and key to on to do a relearn, not running while doing a relearn.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!