P1000 2018 p1000-5 deluxe vibration

el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all. I have right at 100 miles on my 2018. Most of those miles were on gravel or paved roads. The other day I went down a steep trail and decided 4 low was needed. The machine seemed like it would go anywhere but I had to stop and get a limb out of the way. When I put it in park it seemed to vibrate quite a bit. Is this normal for being in a bind in four wheel low on such a steep hill or do you think there's a problem. I absolutely love my p1000 and it has not given me any trouble at all. I'm just wondering if I should take it to the dealer or not. I'd really rather not so I am hoping this is normal. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

You’re going to have to expand in what you mean by vibrate?

If you mean there was a noticeable clunk when shifting from park that’s normal...

If you mean there was a gear chattering sound while it was sitting on the hill in park... that doesn’t sound good. But is an easy fix with a cable adjustment.

I would suggest the hillbilly parking brake for this very type situation. The “park” on the transmission isn’t exactly good for it when you’re in a bind like that. There’s actually only a small pin that’s holding you.

Reactions: Mudwing
el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Gear chatter is exactly what I would call it. Felt sort of like it was between gears. Is the cable adjustment outlined in the owner's manual or do I need a service manual? I will do some research on here to see if I can find it.
Thanks a million!

Reactions: JTW
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know my machine vibrates quite abit at idle and in park. The other day we were hunting and it was vibrating enough that the roof was chattering a little. I haven't had the need to use 4wd this summer so I can't tell if it is any worse there or not. When I increase the rpm's it smooths out.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Gear chatter is exactly what I would call it. Felt sort of like it was between gears. Is the cable adjustment outlined in the owner's manual or do I need a service manual? I will do some research on here to see if I can find it.
Thanks a million!

Was this the whole time it was in park or as you were taking it out of park and into gear?

el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It seemed to be worse in park and reverse. I found the adjustment procedure for the shifter under the battery and the box under the bed. I'll try to get them adjusted when I change the oil.

J

JTW

It seemed to be worse in park and reverse. I found the adjustment procedure for the shifter under the battery and the box under the bed. I'll try to get them adjusted when I change the oil.

And you weren’t moving as you were shifting? This was completely still, no throttle?

keep us posted on what you figure out

Reactions: CumminsPusher
el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No I wasn't moving. Should get my oil and filters Friday, I will adjust the cables then and check back in with the results. I have my fingers crossed. Lol

el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My oil change supplies just arrived via UPS. I did check out the shifter and it definitely needs adjustment. It favors reverse and park.

advertisement
el-phantasmo

el-phantasmo

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just got back from a test drive. All I have to say is wow! Like I said before my shifter was more towards reverse than high. After properly adjusting the shifter cable my p1000 is a completely different animal. It pulls out from a stop very smoothly and best of all no excessive vibration in 4low or any gear for that matter. Thanks a million for the replies! I love my p1000 and this forum!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!