P1000 2018 Pioneer 1000 Help Needed!

M

MattW

Sep 15, 2021
Mobile, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buggy had been sitting in garage for a couple months and when we got it out it was idling low and then would idle up and ran like crap…seemed to be bad gas etc so I siphoned out what I could and put new gas in it with a can of sea foam…it immediately ran better but not a 100% right but eventually throughout the day cleared up and ran fine all day…that was a week and a half ago…my son and hunting partner headed north this morning to our farm (8 hours away) and now the buggy is idling fine but as soon as they give it gas it dies…once they do get it to go after numerous tries it will run fine…
Any suggestions or thoughts? They are in a bind being that far from home
Thanks in advance!
Matt

H

HondaTech

When it dies is the dash flashing anywhere?

Might take a look at the plugs as well.

Reactions: Lady01
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I'm thinking plugs. You can't really clean them, and they're not at your auto parts store

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I'm thinking plugs. You can't really clean them, and they're not at your auto parts store
Got mine at my local NAPA store. If you get them they list 2 different ones, take it out the box and compare them. The hex size on 1 is bigger and won’t work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!