2019 1000R front right shock clunking noise

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Re torque your a arms. I had what it thought was shock clunking and ended up being a loose bolt in a arm. Felt tight even when jacked up. Worth a shot anyway.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I run Shock Therapy limit straps on mine and I just installed a pair on my buddys Talon yesterday. You will only need the fronts but make sure they have a clevis and are adjustable such as the Shock Therapy brand.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What's causing the front shock clunking noise. It seems to be when shock extends after compressing.
Was gonna suggest limit straps but the masses have you covered. Should have them anyway.

BTW, no pics of u rig yet. Congrats on your first post since joining almost 4yrs ago! You should know the drill by now! ;)
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yep, another ST limit strap user here, fixed me rite up. They’re proud of them $$$ but worth it to me. Iffn yer frugal, there are other LS available but less adjustable than the ST setup. Pics are hard for me to post from out here in the desert so I can’t show how pritty they are. 😍

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
you can get a set - 2 limit straps with the adjustable clevises from PRP for $150 if you are on a budget, even more budget friendly is to bag the adjustable clevises and keep an eye on the stretch of the straps and just replace the straps as needed - straps are cheap

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!