P1000 2019 pioneer 1000-5 color conversion

J

jcvollmer

Nov 22, 2020
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to get rid of all the black panels on my pioneer and priced them out through my local dealer and they wanted over $900. Haven’t had any luck finding the white panels for the 19s anywhere online. Anyone know if any newer years panels would work? Or can anyone shoot me in the right direction to find them?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had good luck with Ron Ayers motorcycle. Just call the tell them what you want or go on their website. Really helpful and will always try to get you the best deal.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I wanted the vapor white in the 2021 model and my dealer said they were all on back order until January 2021. So he said they could “order” the panels and swap them out for the red that came on mine. They charged me $800 for the panels and no labor since I bought it new from them on 10/31/2020. The driver door and driver rear quarter panel are still on back order and they’re supposed to ship to me when they come in. All the panels are easy to swap except the hood. It’s a booger since you have to take the battery and all harnesses and fuse box out. There’s also 2 screws behind/on top of the headlights on each side that are hard to get to. There’s a decent video on YouTube called Pioneer 1000 plastic swap? that’s pretty good at walking through the process that I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

I wanted the vapor white in the 2021 model and my dealer said they were all on back order until January 2021. So he said they could “order” the panels and swap them out for the red that came on mine. They charged me $800 for the panels and no labor since I bought it new from them on 10/31/2020. The driver door and driver rear quarter panel are still on back order and they’re supposed to ship to me when they come in. All the panels are easy to swap except the hood. It’s a booger since you have to take the battery and all harnesses and fuse box out. There’s also 2 screws behind/on top of the headlights on each side that are hard to get to. There’s a decent video on YouTube called Pioneer 1000 plastic swap? that’s pretty good at walking through the process that I’ve seen.

Pull the grille and fender together, flip it over and the headlights are easy then.

Without a windshield or any accessories installed a fender swap takes 30 minutes.

J

jcvollmer

Nov 22, 2020
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wondering if anyone knows what color these two panel sets are? Part numbers-73510-HL4-A10ZC & 73510-HL4-610ZA

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are interested in the white, look up the 2016 100-5 Deluxe. You have to find the praticular model and look up parts individually but once you find the right configuration it's pretty easy. It looks like Rockymountain atv has most of the parts in stock and runs about $375. Don't let too many people turn you off about changing them over. We changed mine when I bought my yellow 2018 to silver metallic form 2016. I was putting it off and putting it off, until I came home one day and my wife had the fender section completely removed. I figured it was then I needed to do it. Just have to remove the battery and air intake. Everything else can stay plugged in and routed through holes in the panel. Hondatech is right it takes less then an hour to do. The hardest part I had was removing some of the existing door panels, because they had them so torqued down that 4 of them stripped the hex head out.

J

jcvollmer

Nov 22, 2020
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been on procaliber,RMatv,cheapcycles and partzilla a good portion of the day and you can not find the white in all 8 pieces needed for less than $750 to my door. It is what it is but I’m not seeing any white for anything close to $350-400 like a lot of guys are talking. Might just be a bad time to be looking.

J

JTW

Silver panels use to be less than $300 the white shouldn’t be anymore than those.. only pained or wrapped panels should be higher. Just give it some time.. $800 for the colored plastics is retarded!

Reactions: Mudwing
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I’ve been on procaliber,RMatv,cheapcycles and partzilla a good portion of the day and you can not find the white in all 8 pieces needed for less than $750 to my door. It is what it is but I’m not seeing any white for anything close to $350-400 like a lot of guys are talking. Might just be a bad time to be looking.

I purchased my 1000-5 about a month ago from Honda of Laurel MS. They are supposedly the second largest Honda dealer in the nation. They had a ton of pull off plastics there for sale, only bad thing was there was only red, yellow and blue there for sale. The salesman said they’ve changed a ton of the 2021’s to vapor white because it’s so popular. So why isn’t Honda pushing more whites out than reds? Is it a sales pitch for the dealer to make more $$$$$ by changing the plastics out or is it easier to pour red dye in the in the blow mold machine than white??? LOL.

advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to look up the praticular vin I posted above with "42". Anyways here's the part numbers from Rockymountain for the 2016 Ross White. The only thing they didn't have was the left front door panel. It starts with 67235 vs the right panel. Hope this helps.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my silver panels from them and at the time it was about $285. Looks like they have gone up depending on the color but that was also 2 years ago. Good luck and show pics of your final ride.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I wonder if mine is really faster since it came from the factory as red??? lolView attachment 238949

It has the red ecu so it is definitely faster than one rolling out of the factory in any other color. It's been proven that the lesser colors need at least two stickers to be able to keep up with the factory red units. Science!

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
It has the red ecu so it is definitely faster than one rolling out of the factory in any other color. It's been proven that the lesser colors need at least two stickers to be able to keep up with the factory red units. Science!

• Dislike
Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!