P1000 2021 1000-5 Clanking in auto shift mode

C

Casek

Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hebron, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had any trouble with a clanking sound while in automatic mode shifting? I just bought a brand new one (40 miles on it now) and it makes a clanking sound while shifting and smells like something is getting hot. Dealer said that was just break in. Thoughts?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, it's normal. Just double check your fluids. After first service it will get quieter. Ever since I've ran Rotella t6 5w40 mine has been smooth as butter. Lots of food info on this forum

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: toddvdh
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup, all is normal and will quiet down after the first service. The smell is oil on the exhaust pipe most likely. Pipe all comes with oil on it to stop rusting.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!