P1000 2021 Honda Pioneer 1000 deluxe lift

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I recently added 1.5” super Atv a-arms to the front so I could run my bigger tires but now I feel my back bottoms out here and there thanks to the bigger tires. I plan in installing the rear a-arms this weekend to help give the rear a little more room but with the normal weight I run in the back (canopy and dogs) I am thinking a small lift or new springs would help. I already adjusted the back shocks 2 clicks and it bottoms out less but still happens on rough fast bumps.

I have read that a 2-3” lift will require new axles if I have the arched forward a-arms installed but I want to avoid that if I can. Does anyone know if there is a 1” lift spacer kit available or heavy duty springs that will work but allow me to keep the stock axles?

BC2A4565 BBDF 400D 8162 E2060E953016

Reactions: HBarlow
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You've got choices but you got bad info on axles and lift. You can run 3" lifted and forward arms with the standard axles.

One option that would greatly improve your ride quality would be to upgrade from your stock shocks to Fox or the like with heavier springs on the rear.

How big are your dogs anyway? I find it a bit odd that you're bottoming the stockers. They're stout, if not comfortable.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I recently added 1.5” super Atv a-arms to the front so I could run my bigger tires but now I feel my back bottoms out here and there thanks to the bigger tires. I plan in installing the rear a-arms this weekend to help give the rear a little more room but with the normal weight I run in the back (canopy and dogs) I am thinking a small lift or new springs would help. I already adjusted the back shocks 2 clicks and it bottoms out less but still happens on rough fast bumps.

I have read that a 2-3” lift will require new axles if I have the arched forward a-arms installed but I want to avoid that if I can. Does anyone know if there is a 1” lift spacer kit available or heavy duty springs that will work but allow me to keep the stock axles?

View attachment 341235
What @P1K5Dave said about shock upgrade. You add preload to those shocks to get your lift without sacrificing your geometry to the machine with bracket lifts.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You've got choices but you got bad info on axles and lift. You can run 3" lifted and forward arms with the standard axles.

One option that would greatly improve your ride quality would be to upgrade from your stock shocks to Fox or the like with heavier springs on the rear.

How big are your dogs anyway? I find it a bit odd that you're bottoming the stockers. They're stout, if not comfortable.
My dogs are German shepherds and weigh about 160 total. The canopy can’t weigh more than 75-80Ibs I wouldn’t think since I used aluminum 1” tubing and 1/2 plywood. The bulk of the weight I would say comes from the full OEM cab parts. It’s only bottomed out 2-3 times and that was in a big dip at about 35 mph. If you look at the pic you can see with the bigger tires it doesn’t have a lot of travel room. I’m not looking to spend 1500 or more on new shocks unless one of my shocks craps out…..then it’s justified. Was hoping I would go with 1” spacers but you are saying I can safely run a 3” lift with the a-arms safely so maybe I’ll order a 2” lift.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if you mean rubbing instead of bottoming out? It seems more likely that your tire would rub.

A number of us here really don't recommend those 2" bracket lifts. I know a lot of guys run them, but mine had one on it when I bought it and it rode like a brick. You take the stock shocks that are already sub-par in the ride category, then you push them out to be more vertical so they ride even rougher.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if you mean rubbing instead of bottoming out? It seems more likely that your tire would rub.

A number of us here really don't recommend those 2" bracket lifts. I know a lot of guys run them, but mine had one on it when I bought it and it rode like a brick. You take the stock shocks that are already sub-par in the ride category, then you push them out to be more vertical so they ride even rougher.
I agree. I received a 2" bracket lift for a gift. Installed it and removed it after 2 rides. I've since went with fox shocks and 28s. Night and day. Springs are next.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Correct, should have said rubbing. Don’t want the tires to eat my mud busters lol

Reactions: Rayger143 and ChadD
Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

If I where looking to do only 1” lift could I just do 1/2” spacers on the shocks? And if so what diameter? Or do you guys firmly not recommend that?

Reactions: WagginTail
advertisement
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I where looking to do only 1” lift could I just do 1/2” spacers on the shocks? And if so what diameter? Or do you guys firmly not recommend that?
Spacers definitely stiffen the ride up. On my 700 I tried a bracket lift and spacers. Ride was pretty bad. On my 1000 I sucked it up and did the a arms with fox shocks. Much better ride now. 1/2" spacers should get you 1" of lift though

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to be cheap and don't mind the stiff ride go with the lift. To me the stock shocks suck with or without the lift. I have stock shocks, high lifter arms and lift and I don't mind mine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!