BOX1

P700 2021 P700 Front Bumper Light Bar

H

Hog4Life

Apr 28, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know I have seen this somewhere, but I have searched this and other forums and can't find it. I have a 2021 P700-2 Deluxe and want to put a light bar on the front. I want to put a single row 12"-14" on the bumper between the top bar under the Honda logo and the bottom bar above my winch. I am wondering who else has done this and would like to know what bar and mounts you bought and if you are happy with your setup.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda provided one on my '21 SE. It was on the top of the bar, but I mounted it under the bar. Frankly, it's a well made, heavy, solid feeling, and dismal LED light bar. It throws a very narrow spot beam with minimal peripheral lighting that's so faint it's nearly useless. If you are going to put a light bar at the bumper, make sure it's a flood, unless the dirt roads you drive are arrow straight.

Now the top LED bar is another story. It's a Nilight 54" and the outer 16 LEDS on each side are "flood". That sucker will blister the paint on the vehicle ahead and maybe ignite forest fires. Flip the switch and instant daylight!
20211017 112959

Reactions: Homer
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know I have seen this somewhere, but I have searched this and other forums and can't find it. I have a 2021 P700-2 Deluxe and want to put a light bar on the front. I want to put a single row 12"-14" on the bumper between the top bar under the Honda logo and the bottom bar above my winch. I am wondering who else has done this and would like to know what bar and mounts you bought and if you are happy with your setup.
Ive got a 12" bar in the lower of my bumper. Its my most used light. It was a cheapo from Amazon. I got 2 for like $35 a couple years ago. I also have a 52" curved bar and its great at times but goes unused a lot becuase its too much. The small bar is better than the factory head lights but not so much i dont run it when riding in the back of the group. These pics suck but its all ive got at the moment. I think @Hondasxs working on a plug and play kit.

20210927 193109 DSC 0634

H

Hog4Life

Apr 28, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ya, I am. Wireing is done.
I need to find a mounting method I like that works with all 3 styles of the 700 factory bumpers.
View attachment 301773 View attachment 301774
Thanks for those pictures. I am looking at putting one exactly in between those two. You have one on top of the top bar and one below the bottom bar. I want to go in that slot between the top and bottom bars. I did my best to sketch out where I would like for it to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio4x4
H

Hog4Life

Apr 28, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Honda provided one on my '21 SE. It was on the top of the bar, but I mounted it under the bar. Frankly, it's a well made, heavy, solid feeling, and dismal LED light bar. It throws a very narrow spot beam with minimal peripheral lighting that's so faint it's nearly useless. If you are going to put a light bar at the bumper, make sure it's a flood, unless the dirt roads you drive are arrow straight.

Now the top LED bar is another story. It's a Nilight 54" and the outer 16 LEDS on each side are "flood". That sucker will blister the paint on the vehicle ahead and maybe ignite forest fires. Flip the switch and instant daylight!
View attachment 301770
Thanks for the info! I was wondering about that factory one. It looks nice, but is overpriced for what it is in my opinion. Glad to know that it isn't a good solution. I love a lot of light, but I'm afraid your bigger one would be a bit much for my application.

H

Hog4Life

Apr 28, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ive got a 12" bar in the lower of my bumper. Its my most used light. It was a cheapo from Amazon. I got 2 for like $35 a couple years ago. I also have a 52" curved bar and its great at times but goes unused a lot becuase its too much. The small bar is better than the factory head lights but not so much i dont run it when riding in the back of the group. These pics suck but its all ive got at the moment. I think @Hondasxs working on a plug and play kit.

View attachment 301771 View attachment 301772
I'm glad to know that's been your experience. Let me know I'm on the right track. Mine is just like the red one in the first picture you posted. Where I am looking to mount is right below the Honda logo. It looks like yours is below the bottom bar.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm glad to know that's been your experience. Let me know I'm on the right track. Mine is just like the red one in the first picture you posted. Where I am looking to mount is right below the Honda logo. It looks like yours is below the bottom bar.
I made that bumper but with a little time spent playing with mounts you can get it on there. I only put it below that because theree wasn't a good way to put it on top. Ive got plans to add up a brush guard and when i do ill put one under the top bar also.

N

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
IMG 2662
IMG 2843

Not the best pics, but I mounted mine under the 2 bar on the factory bumper; just above the front receiver hitch. I mounted it just using a homemade "L" bracket on each end. In this location, very little air flow to the radiator was blocked..

Check how much radiator air flow you might be obstructing in the location you are considering. We ride at high altitude with temps in the 90's regularly. Got to keep it cool.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!