P1000 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 overheating

cdoerhoff

cdoerhoff

May 23, 2021
St Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My sxs overheated 2 weeks ago and then today. We were on the trails both times. Today the radiator fins were dusty at the bottom. The reservoir is completely full when I checked it after my warning light came on. It's still under warranty. I'm always afraid the dealer is going to tell me its my fault. Any suggestions what to ask, what to look for? It only has 600'ish miles.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
wash you radiator. I bet you have trail gunk in it your not seeing

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Burp your cooling system. I bet you've got an air pocket in there. Plenty of topics about this. And P1K5Dave is also correct, if air can't flow through the radiator it can't cool the antifreeze.

cdoerhoff

cdoerhoff

May 23, 2021
St Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you been able to verify that your fan is kicking on?

Yes. Sort of. Technically, I can confirm it comes on after I've restarted the rig during the overheating but not while up to the process of overheating. I'll verify that in the morning.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you've seen it running at all, we can scratch a faulty connection from the list. The only other question would be whether the thermostat is telling it to run or not, and that's kind of far down the list.

Burping is probably your solution, provided your radiator isn't full of mud. Do you have a service manual? It's a pretty easy job

cdoerhoff

cdoerhoff

May 23, 2021
St Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you've seen it running at all, we can scratch a faulty connection from the list. The only other question would be whether the thermostat is telling it to run or not, and that's kind of far down the list.

Burping is probably your solution, provided your radiator isn't full of mud. Do you have a service manual? It's a pretty easy job
I have the service manual and I'm all about youtube. The first time it overheated, I had a the coolant boiling and coming out the top. I never thought about an air pocket in the line. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I was driving it around today with no issues.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
probably air, but is the radiator really clean, it is amazing how much dust\mud they can hold. I carry a 1 gallon pump sprayers to clean on the trail, don't leave home without it. a garden hose will do the job :) .

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never cleaned my radiator, and I'm always at 2 bars.. I guess it just depends on your environment.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!