2021 talon x4 LW Turbo?

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I was told by my local dealers shop foreman that the Honda clutches in the DCT tranny can fail with big tires, mud etc. I was wanting to do a turbo upgrade and was thinking this would not help out that situation? Your thoughts?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was told by my local dealers shop foreman that the Honda clutches in the DCT tranny can fail with big tires, mud etc. I was wanting to do a turbo upgrade and was thinking this would not help out that situation? Your thoughts?
What are you wanting to do? Add a turbo to be in mud? Or to run bigger tires? Or to run bigger tires in mud???

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think your shops forman hates Hondas and loves to cook in poo poo’s!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
There are upgrades in the works for the Talon DCT and clutch assemblies. I know of a few turbo Talons running around right now with these upgrades making huge power with no clutch or DCT issues. And by big power I'm talking 200+ HP.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
If that is the case then ask the "shop foreman" why there is a 28", 30" and 32" tire tune option in the Factory authorized Jackson Turbo tune???

IOW, if the Talon couldn't handle the Turbo with 32's then why would Honda allow the tune without voiding the warranty???

Adam_20_Adam

Adam_20_Adam

Aug 25, 2019
Western Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
There are upgrades in the works for the Talon DCT and clutch assemblies. I know of a few turbo Talons running around right now with these upgrades making huge power with no clutch or DCT issues. And by big power I'm talking 200+ HP.
I want. I want. I want. Give me. Give me. Give me. 200+ hp. Now I am smiling I know in the next few years Honda will be on the top of the H.P pile.

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks for the responses. Where do I find out about the upgraded clutch’s? Also are you saying the the stock clutch is a warranty item stock and with the turbo?thx

Reactions: Adam_20_Adam
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I want. I want. I want. Give me. Give me. Give me. 200+ hp. Now I am smiling I know in the next few years Honda will be on the top of the H.P pile.

If everything goes according to plan I will be playing in that HP territory with an N/A motor next race season. 😎

There are alot of people doing big things with the Talon engine behind the scenes. Most of it is in the R&D and testing stages right now.

I'm currently testing a secret engine/trans tune in my racecar that is a game changer IMO. No more I4wd what-so-ever, everything related to it is 100% completely turned off in the computer. It gets rid of everything the I4wd delete switches can't do by themselves. Normal mode is now my regular Sport mode and my Sport mode is now custom stuff. It auto shifts at 9200rpm, it shifts hard and fast unlike stock and it doesn't hunt for gears like it used to. Line pressures to the clutch packs have also been increased to handle extra HP that I don't have yet.

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Good stuff thanks for sharing. Keep it coming. Have you had or heard of the stock clutches being a problem with higher HP and is the stock clutch a warranty item?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I haven't had any clutch problems with my Talon but I also have a stock motor with just a tune and exhaust so I'm not making much more hp than stock.

No idea on the clutch warranty stuff. I cut my Talon up to turn it into a racecar with 60 miles on the odometer and voided any warranty it ever had. Lol

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!