Talon X4 LV Tune Recommendations

Trlrdr6

Trlrdr6

Sep 26, 2017
Southeast IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been looking through the threads for tuning recommendations but most seem to be a few years old and mostly for Pioneers. I am finally upgrading to 32" tires and looking to improve shift points and low end power for slow crawling and hill climbs where I already seem to loose power with 30s. Not looking for a race tune but just a good trail riding tune that wont sacrifice the top end as we do a lot of road riding also. Any suggestions?

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any suggestions?
most seem to be a few years old and mostly for Pioneers.
This one is not old and started in November.
As for pioneer and Talon tune, basically the same in many ways but not identical. What that means is, the pioneer tune manufacture should do a Talon tune. Or, any of the few yrs old thread tunes are fine. There isnt many out there. Whatever u choose, come back and finnish this thread with what you did so someone else can find one like u claim to have not.

Reactions: Hometeam and TxDoc
Trlrdr6

Trlrdr6

Sep 26, 2017
Southeast IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This one is not old and started in November.
As for pioneer and Talon tune, basically the same in many ways but not identical. What that means is, the pioneer tune manufacture should do a Talon tune. Or, any of the few yrs old thread tunes are fine. There isnt many out there. Whatever u choose, come back and finnish this thread with what you did so someone else can find one like u claim to have not.

Thanks Ill check it out

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Been looking through the threads for tuning recommendations but most seem to be a few years old and mostly for Pioneers. I am finally upgrading to 32" tires and looking to improve shift points and low end power for slow crawling and hill climbs where I already seem to loose power with 30s. Not looking for a race tune but just a good trail riding tune that wont sacrifice the top end as we do a lot of road riding also. Any suggestions?
Florida Cracker like @Remington said has a lot of happy customers with there Talon tunes. They have some different options for your specific needs. Another option is PPEI who has spent lots of time on the Talon and tunes for them. For what you seem to be after, these are the 2 I'd stick with. I am in the same debate on these 2 right now. I have a IGR coming (well it just showed up yesterday) and I am going to 35's on one of our Talons. Both of these company's GTG for this stuff!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
PPEI Tuning is the way to go.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
PPEI Tuning is the way to go.

Agreed. They really woke up my '23 Live Valve

Trlrdr6

Trlrdr6

Sep 26, 2017
Southeast IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to follow up and give an update. I made the decision to go with the PPEI tune. Now that I have had the opportunity to ride both on road trip and several trail trips on it now I am very pleased with PPEI tune as it was exactly what I was looking for. Between the PPEI tune, TTC offset front arms, Pete & Jake's #1084 sway bar shocks and the 32" Zillas it is performing great on the trails. For the road I am running 33'x12.5" LT tires and performs well. The Pete & Jake's #1084 sway bar shocks do allow a bit more body roll on the road but is easily offset by running the Live Valves in Sport mode. Very satisfied with the new set up.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Just wanted to follow up and give an update. I made the decision to go with the PPEI tune. Now that I have had the opportunity to ride both on road trip and several trail trips on it now I am very pleased with PPEI tune as it was exactly what I was looking for. Between the PPEI tune, TTC offset front arms, Pete & Jake's #1084 sway bar shocks and the 32" Zillas it is performing great on the trails. For the road I am running 33'x12.5" LT tires and performs well. The Pete & Jake's #1084 sway bar shocks do allow a bit more body roll on the road but is easily offset by running the Live Valves in Sport mode. Very satisfied with the new set up.
My '23 Talon LV sat most of the year awaiting a tune. I had plenty of time to watch the videos, read articles and threads here and elsewhere regarding a Tune for my modified machine. A friend who races a Talon kept telling me to call PPEI. He has worked with them continually on his rig. He called and talked to the guy he had worked with and got a tune for my Talon. Keep in mind I already had an '18, so I had a very good feel for driving a Talon. The '23 was at the dealership and my friend who manages the dealership installed the tune and then rang and said it rips. I had already installed a 1080 Air cleaner assembly and HMF Race Series exhaust. The tune really woke it up big time, especially for a tune. I plan to inquire if I can expect similar gains from my '18. I'm a huge believer in PPEI's abilities.

Reactions: GPR1500SC and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!