S

scafe007

Sep 6, 2023
Austin TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I am interested in getting a Florida Cracker Tuner.

I have a 2023 pioneer 1000-6 and also got the extended Honda Warranty for a total of 5 years because it was only 800 bucks when i purchased.

Does anyone know if this will void the warranty? Is it easy to remove when you take in for service or repairs? Is anyone versed with this or have experience with this topic? ie is this a wise decision?

Also has anyone had issues after using a tuner or can tell me what I should know or are missing? Thanks in advance!

Josh

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone know if this will void the warranty?
I believe so if i remember correctly from older posts from a Honda technician that was on here.
Also has anyone had issues after using a tuner or can tell me what I should know or are missing?
As always use the search for info on tunes and have your mind 🤯
Got to do some serious research on tunes before you jump in. My experience with many, is that your married to them. Also some change things that effects other areas of the rig that you either need another tune to fix that or mechanical. Left the way it is, you will have a failure at some point.

Why are you wanting a tune? Are you Going with 35’s or drag racing the bus?

S

scafe007

Sep 6, 2023
Austin TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I believe so if i remember correctly from older posts from a Honda technician that was on here.

As always use the search for info on tunes and have your mind 🤯
Got to do some serious research on tunes before you jump in. My experience with many, is that your married to them. Also some change things that effects other areas of the rig that you either need another tune to fix that or mechanical. Left the way it is, you will have a failure at some point.

Why are you wanting a tune? Are you Going with 35’s or drag racing the bus?
Yeah i went with 30.5 inch tires and the machine has a hard time on some of the rock crawling stuff ie to where the engine died when in 4 wheel low in low gear.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Yeah i went with 30.5 inch tires and the machine has a hard time on some of the rock crawling stuff ie to where the engine died when in 4 wheel low in low gear.
Seriously??? There's a lot of guys running 30"+/- tires on their P1K, me included and I've never had an issue turning them. Now if you want a tune just because then by all means, knock yourself out but if you're having an issue turning 30"s stock then I don't think a tune is gonna help cause there's other problems with your buggy.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
generally the clutch will slip - just saying
Seriously??? There's a lot of guys running 30"+/- tires on their P1K, me included and I've never had an issue turning them. Now if you want a tune just because then by all means, knock yourself out but if you're having an issue turning 30"s stock then I don't think a tune is gonna help cause there's other problems with your buggy.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup, sure will. My P1 did the same thing with 30’s its geared and set up to preform solidly with stock tire size or 28’s anything bigger doing what your doing it WILL bog it down in those situations. A gear reduction or the “correct” tune will help like my limited edition Snuff Tune did for me. I can only imagine what 30’s or bigger would do on a stock Screwool bus.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've never had an issue turning them
You dont in alot of conditions. Try it in rock crawling and boged down in heavy mud like at RRB thats how i noticed it. Our Northern sugar sand i noticed it a decent amount above stock.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
You dont in alot of conditions. Try it in rock crawling and boged down in heavy mud like at RRB thats how i noticed it. Our Northern sugar sand i noticed it a decent amount above stock.
no clutch slipping when loaded up in the mud and beach sand? Just stalls out eventually ?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
no clutch slipping when loaded up in the mud and beach sand? Just stalls out eventually ?
Just bogs down to a stall if u let it yes. Prob clutch slippage if your not carful and just hammer it fo sho

My buddy @Koda at RRB/TO a few yrs ago having the same issue stock rig with 30’s.had to strap and winch him up. Dont have the pic of the ledge we crawled up and he stalled out on. I had no issues after my snuff tune. Just walked right up
IMG 0191

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I have 2 Talons. One has a tune on a stock machine. I'm not sure that it made it any faster, but the shifting was noticeably enhanced and the little bog off the bottom seems to have departed. Stomp it and it goes. My other Talon is running a full exhaust, 10-80s air intake and a PPEI tune. Shifting absolutely better, but the performance is much better and shifts are really firm. I was on a friends chipped driveway and was up on the wheel. Noticeable difference between the 2. I'm sure the machine with the exhaust will definitely make me feel more relaxed in ledges and the sort.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
.....my limited edition Snuff Tune did for me.
Haha..... yah, I talked to Snuff about his tune, just haven't gotten around to getting the PV3. Not high on my priority list. Maybe one of these days.

As for RRB/Tackett, we ran all over with 30's on the P1K3 & 31's on the T1Kx without any issues, guess we're just not extreme enough 🤣

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here is the complete picture. My precious one was a 1000-5 and it had no issues but it has 27s, body lift and of course much smaller

View attachment 412256
Very nice build.
A tune will help a little bit for sure.
I wouldn't expect a huge increase but I know FCP has been doing some good things.

If you have the funds. Get it and keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got the FCP stage 1 tune and have noticed a difference. Havent done any rock crawling since getting it so can’t say much about that but can say it doesn’t have much bogging down. Biggest thing I’ve noticed is in low the ride is smoother and not jerky like it was before. Also the tune can delete the seat belt limiter.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone know if FCP is still selling tunes?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone know if FCP is still selling tunes?
email them - I would think someone with a website product page\fbook page may still sell tunes

Last edited:
Reactions: EMAW
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Reactions: RoyLee89 and EMAW
EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!