P1000 Honda oem Glass windshield rust issues

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Is anyone getting rust under the widshield on the Honda oem glass windshield (inside just under the glass mostly in the center)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Bad seal holding moisture or road salt getting in there maybe?

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My front windshield leaks just a tad sometimes and it is coming through where the ends of the seal come together.

Reactions: Remington
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Is anyone getting rust under the widshield on the Honda oem glass windshield (inside just under the glass mostly in the center)
It's simple enough to remove the glass then the rubber and paint the metal frame and put it back together. I've had my glass out a few times now. One was to make a new frame that fits over the oem one that opens. . And the last time was even with the window covered with a good rubber canvas , the window got caved in due to a bird hitting it while trailering.

IMG 3822

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
you have pics of this ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!