P1000 OEM axle lenghts

lukpy8810

lukpy8810

Oct 10, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quick simple question. Would anyone be able to let me know what the stock rear axle lengths are (driver and passenger)? Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Quick simple question. Would anyone be able to let me know what the stock rear axle lengths are (driver and passenger)? Thanks!
Obviously its not
Why cant you measure yours, did u loose them both on trail?
What rig, LE or not LE?
Do u need the measurement from spline end to spline end? Or while in the sxs?
I Cant remember if both sxs’s are the same?
Id have to pull mine to check.
NoHmo
Maybe someone has an extra pair lying around they can measure for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smitty335
lukpy8810

lukpy8810

Oct 10, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Obviously its not
Why cant you measure yours, did u loose them both on trail?
What rig, LE or not LE?
Do u need the measurement from spline end to spline end? Or while in the sxs?
I Cant remember if both sxs’s are the same?
Id have to pull mine to check.
NoHmo
Maybe someone has an extra pair lying around they can measure for you.
Lol sorry its a 2018 deluxe. And it's at the dealer for some work and when I bought it it had aftermarket axles installed and I'm trying to determine if they are what's causing me issues. The dealer I originally bought it from was pretty poor. So I'm checking to see if they were dumb enough to buy 2 lefts or 2 rights for the rear since I know they are different lengths. But maybe it's not even possible to install the wrong axels lengths in back it's been unclear if that's possible or not.

Reactions: Rayger143
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lol sorry its a 2018 deluxe. And it's at the dealer for some work and when I bought it it had aftermarket axles installed and I'm trying to determine if they are what's causing me issues. The dealer I originally bought it from was pretty poor. So I'm checking to see if they were dumb enough to buy 2 lefts or 2 rights for the rear since I know they are different lengths. But maybe it's not even possible to install the wrong axels lengths in back it's been unclear if that's possible or not.
Your right, not possible with a P1k3 or P1k5.
Do u have 3 or 5?
Do u have a lift or aftermarket arms or stock?

What issues are u having?

lukpy8810

lukpy8810

Oct 10, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your right, not possible with a P1k3 or P1k5.
Do u have 3 or 5?
Do u have a lift or aftermarket arms or stock?

What issues are u having?
P1k5 and stock ride height. The rear diff was acting funny. Wouldn't unlock it's at the dealer right now. But I think it may more likely be a cable at the end of it's life and over stretched as I'm out of adjustment lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
P1k5 and stock ride height. The rear diff was acting funny. Wouldn't unlock it's at the dealer right now. But I think it may more likely be a cable at the end of it's life and over stretched as I'm out of adjustment lol
Did u try searching how to adjust that on here? Its real easy and a video too

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah but I think the cable is over stretched as I can fully tighten the one to the rear diff and not pull the locker out far enough to disengage
On the 22s on there is an adjustment at the diff and this is what I did because the cable seemed to be too long. Maybe something similar will work on yours.

My solution was to take a 3/8” dia. ss bolt and cut a .800 long piece from the unthreaded section , drill a .236 hole in the middle and inserted it in between adjusting nut and the stock joint pin.
This method still retains the anti rotation to hold the setting and allows for plenty of adjustment.
066da9e8 e173 43a3 84b8 c4f791ff7147 jpeg

lukpy8810

lukpy8810

Oct 10, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the 22s on there is an adjustment at the diff and this is what I did because the cable seemed to be too long. Maybe something similar will work on yours.

My solution was to take a 3/8” dia. ss bolt and cut a .800 long piece from the unthreaded section , drill a .236 hole in the middle and inserted it in between adjusting nut and the stock joint pin.
This method still retains the anti rotation to hold the setting and allows for plenty of adjustment.
View attachment 407468
Well own a couple 3d printers I'm betting I could print something like that. I have a couple other printed parts on the rig already. Should post some photos

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah but I think the cable is over stretched as I can fully tighten the one to the rear diff and not pull the locker out far enough to disengage
I thought you seemed familiar! Your the one that keeps making new threads that pertain to the same issue if your main thread. Try to Stick to one thread! 🤯 Thats why u havnt got many likes or responses here. People are like WTF. 🥳
Dont worry, it wont clogg the other thread. It will help others with the same situation.

You dont even have pics of your rig yet. We know u said its at the dealer but still, you might be a poo poo infiltrator as far as we know 😂
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

You cought me under the weather and I took a bite. 🤨

lukpy8810

lukpy8810

Oct 10, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought you seemed familiar! Your the one that keeps making new threads that pertain to the same issue if your main thread. Try to Stick to one thread! 🤯 Thats why u havnt got many likes or responses here. People are like WTF. 🥳
Dont worry, it wont clogg the other thread. It will help others with the same situation.

You dont even have pics of your rig yet. We know u said its at the dealer but still, you might be a poo poo infiltrator as far as we know 😂
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

You cought me under the weather and I took a bite. 🤨
I have pics attached to my profile! And understand able. Just trying to learn and gather info. I thought forking off with other questions would be more useful evidently not

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have pics attached to my profile! And understand able. Just trying to learn and gather info. I thought forking off with other questions would be more useful evidently not
Do a welcome thread like others and post your pics, mods, miles and about yourself.
Not trying to scare or demean you. Just trying to help u out so u can get some answers to your issues.
Theres a Hello thread that explains what we ask for such things. Last 2 posts.

lukpy8810

lukpy8810

Oct 10, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do a welcome thread like others and post your pics, mods, miles and about yourself.
Not trying to scare or demean you. Just trying to help u out so u can get some answers to your issues.
Theres a Hello thread that explains what we ask for such things. Last 2 posts.
Oh no you're good! I'm just learning how this works. Is there a specific place I should post to for a welcome thread? Also how do I know my photos are visible to others lol

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Oh no you're good! I'm just learning how this works. Is there a specific place I should post to for a welcome thread? Also how do I know my photos are visible to others lol
Introduction and Welcome, right under General Discussion.

As for knowing if we can see your pics, ask in that post and we'll tell ya - Hey, can you see my pics? :cool:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got a brand new right rear, the left rear is a different length.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!