P1000 Glass windshield protection

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We ended up buying tracks for 1000 so we were able to get it out this winter. One thing I didn't like was the filthy windshield from slush and salt grime when we got to our destination to ride so I ended up buying one of these Camco tow car windshiled covers. We only used it a couple of times but it seems to be pretty durable and costs alot less then some other covers I have seen. The straps are SUPER long so we take them around the front cab and hook them behind the drivers and passenger head rest. It gives me a little confidence keeping the front doors closed running them this far around the cab. One thing I did do was to add a couple of grommet holes along the bottom where I can attach a bungee cord to the front bumper to keep it from lifting up. Might be something to look at.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’m to lazy to search it out…….. so, what are you guys doing to protect your glass windshield from rock damage while towing. My enclosed trailer build isn’t done yet and need to trailer it on my open trailer down quite a few miles of gravel roads.

thanks..

Get some of that 3" or 4" wide blue painters tape and a piece of cardboard big enough to cover the windshield, use the tape to secure the cardboard to the ROPS. That blue tape won't leave a messy residue like duct tape.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
UTV 801 is sending me a blank model windshield protector to try out. I hope it works since it's sized for a 1000.
Welcome from Michigan

U got 3 posts and never really said what rig year an miles you have? Seems like a P1 of some sort?

G

garyanthony

Apr 7, 2024
Shepherd, MT
Ownership

1. 700-4
Picked up my new 2024 Honda 700-4 last Saturday. Past experience with OHVs started with the Honda Big Red 3-wheeler in Alaska. Progressed from there to Suzuki King Quad. Getting older and appreciate my creature comforts more these days, so progressed to my first UTV.

Sorry for not introducing myself earllier. I'm now retired from both the USAF and FAA. Time for some more ORV fun.

Gary
Shepherd, MT

Reactions: tjoreo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!