P1000 Warranty Issues

G

Greg88

Jun 13, 2021
Friendsville, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone else been having any issues with hearing back from the warranty department? I have recently had a A-Arm break in two places towards the end by the tire. I have the full skid plate and A-arm protectors. But the A-arm broke on one of the welds and then snapped on the other side also. It was driving on a gravel road at 25 mphs with my three young daughters and my front driver's wheel turned side ways and I couldn't turn thankfully there was a road that continued straight and I was able to slow down without hitting anything.

But my concern is I dropped my 1000-5 off at the dealers ship over a month ago. And I have been talking to the dealership several times a week and have made two different claims with costumer service. And the dealership is still waiting to hear back from the warranty department. Has anyone else had issues with the warranty department?

I have always heard so much about Honda's durability and costumer service. But after this experience I am starting to reconsider going with Honda.

H

HondaTech

Your dealership just sucks, we usually here from what use to be the DSM within a couple days unless their on vacation. Even then Techline is usually pretty decent about getting back as well.

Your service department just needs to do more work to figure out what their going to do.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone else been having any issues with hearing back from the warranty department? I have recently had a A-Arm break in two places towards the end by the tire. I have the full skid plate and A-arm protectors. But the A-arm broke on one of the welds and then snapped on the other side also. It was driving on a gravel road at 25 mphs with my three young daughters and my front driver's wheel turned side ways and I couldn't turn thankfully there was a road that continued straight and I was able to slow down without hitting anything.

But my concern is I dropped my 1000-5 off at the dealers ship over a month ago. And I have been talking to the dealership several times a week and have made two different claims with costumer service. And the dealership is still waiting to hear back from the warranty department. Has anyone else had issues with the warranty department?

I have always heard so much about Honda's durability and costumer service. But after this experience I am starting to reconsider going with Honda.
What year rig?
Do u have pics of the brake?
Assuming its not a 22’ many have fabricated there own bracket to make it stronger.

J

Jacktracy

Feb 15, 2020
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2018 p1000 le bought new in January of 2020 bought extended warranty. First part of September muffler fell apart at a weld. Called dealer sent them pics they went back and forth with warranty for 2 months. Honda wanted my old one sent in before they would warranty dealer finally give me a new muffler said that even if Honda would not cover they would. I bought a used one on Ebay in mean time. I'm not to happy with honda warranty at this time

J

Jacktracy

Feb 15, 2020
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pics

20221010 100821 20221010 100840

H

HondaTech

2018 p1000 le bought new in January of 2020 bought extended warranty. First part of September muffler fell apart at a weld. Called dealer sent them pics they went back and forth with warranty for 2 months. Honda wanted my old one sent in before they would warranty dealer finally give me a new muffler said that even if Honda would not cover they would. I bought a used one on Ebay in mean time. I'm not to happy with honda warranty at this time

That's a lie, we only get call for parts after the claim is filed. Your dealer pulled some s*** as well.

We can't warranty anything without the unit being in the building.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had this exact same issue...TWICE! Ebay to the rescue!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda Tech is right, your dealer Sucks but probably not as bad as mine. My dealership sold and the new guys are not only incompetent they are also dishonest. They had to check out what I told them was wrong with my Talon. They wrote up an around $5,000 warranty then said it got turned down. They charged me $139.00 to do the warranty claim. I knew better as I worked Techline for 14 years before I retired from Honda. I canceled my Honda warranty on both Talons and did the repair work myself. I replaced the failed upper left A-arm bushings and the worn lower A-arm bushings. I replaced one rear wheel bearing too. I will replace the water pump assembly later. Honda doesn't offer the seal. My dealer wrote up the other side A-arms, 4 ball joints, the steering rack, another wheel bearing, 4 rear suspension bars, the water pump cover gasket, and wanted to install another improved 2022 front dif seal. All those parts are still like new. The highly experienced Honda tech that did all my warranty work quit as did around 15 other employees. There is still one former parts guy and two really good techs that mostly work on Polaris and Can-am. Their new tech that does the Honda work now installed the improved 2022 front dif seal on my 2020 Talon and it looks like he did a good job but forgot to put in the dif fluid. I always check all the work that I don't do so no problem. The high end Honda tech that quit lives near me and will do any repair work that I don't want to do. I'm getting old but I still enjoy doing all my own work and still do some repairs for my friends. Sorry this got so long but I needed to vent.

G

Greg88

Jun 13, 2021
Friendsville, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your dealership just sucks, we usually here from what use to be the DSM within a couple days unless their on vacation. Even then Techline is usually pretty decent about getting back as well.

Your service department just needs to do more work to figure out what their going to do.
I have been dealing with a guy in Honda customer service by the name of Randy and over the past two weeks I have been letting messages for the last weeks daily and he won't call me back. The dealership has at least answered my calls and called me back and saying it is Honda with the hold-up. And everything I call Honda I end up talking to the automated services, how do I get in touch with a person at Honda who should I contact to get this moving forward? I am not sure whose fault it is but I need my side-by-side back and I am not pleased with Honda from any angle (dealership or company)!

Is there a direct number to talk to superiors with Honda?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have been dealing with a guy in Honda customer service by the name of Randy and over the past two weeks I have been letting messages for the last weeks daily and he won't call me back. The dealership has at least answered my calls and called me back and saying it is Honda with the hold-up. And everything I call Honda I end up talking to the automated services, how do I get in touch with a person at Honda who should I contact to get this moving forward? I am not sure whose fault it is but I need my side-by-side back and I am not pleased with Honda from any angle (dealership or company)!

Is there a direct number to talk to superiors with Honda?
Call Honda financing and tell them you can't make your payment, works every time with any company. How would I know, I'll never tell! HA!

H

HondaTech

So I guess I am screwed?

Honestly your dealer isn't doing enough, we'd be calling them everyday until we get something done if they are truly waiting. Ive never had to wait that long for a response.

For the most part Honda uses us to decide whether it's a warranty issue or not. They'll request parts return afterwards if they want to inspect the failure.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!