P1000 Clutch issues!!!

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone I had some issues at lac fest this weekend just dosent feel like it is shifting right revs up real high like 7 to 8 on rpm then shifts hard and it will jump around in the gears so I tried to do a clutch relearn and it kept failing tried like 6 times so I gave up next morning cranked it to put it on trailer now I have a small u and my at/mt lights are on I can still put it in gear and drive it but idk why the clutch relearn keeps failing I have watched several videos made sure it was warm still fails any help I would appreciate it

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey everyone I had some issues at lac fest this weekend just dosent feel like it is shifting right revs up real high like 7 to 8 on rpm then shifts hard and it will jump around in the gears so I tried to do a clutch relearn and it kept failing tried like 6 times so I gave up next morning cranked it to put it on trailer now I have a small u and my at/mt lights are on I can still put it in gear and drive it but idk why the clutch relearn keeps failing I have watched several videos made sure it was warm still fails any help I would appreciate it
need pics of machine and engine - u could be asking for a friend

as he said above -year, mileage, etc.

also - need full disclosure......

-ever swamped
-how hard is it it ridden and put away
-modifications such as portals, tire upgrades, see how big my di$% is bracket lift, etc.
-any recent issues of being glued in the mud, pulling trees, etc.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Year, milage, mods that may effect this issue?

-ever swamped
-modifications such as portals, tire upgrades, see how big my di$% is bracket lift, etc.
-any recent issues of being glued in the mud,

-ever swamped
-any recent issues of being glued in the mud, pulling trees, etc.
Ok here is my build list
6 in 45% portals
37x22 tires
FCP stage 3 tune
3in ttc a-arms front and rear
Rhino axles
Rb3 rack
Duel battery set up
Snorkel
Yes I ride in mud yes I have been stuck yes I have laid it down I don’t ride it every day but when I do I ride it hard

IMG 3861

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok here is my build list
6 in 45% portals
37x22 tires
FCP stage 3 tune
Rhino axles
Rb3 rack
Duel battery set up
Snorkel
Yes I ride in mud yes I have been stuck yes I have laid it down I don’t ride it every day but when I do I ride it hard

View attachment 391607
🤔......I have no idea why your clutches would be a little bit worn to shît......🤏😂

........ I'm no expert but, you most likely need new clutches bro.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🤔......I have no idea why your clutches would be a little bit worn to shît......🤏😂

Yea that’s what I’m thinking too but wanted to ask before I spent 450 ish per clutch you know if you can find them cheaper anywear?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

what he said👆, tall build - lol....

sounds like clutch(es), is it slipping\grabbing in all gears? oil temp light ever come on?

with that build and concerned about clutch costs, jeez, thought it woulda came with 2 clutch packs as consumables

besides changing clutch packs, lotsa work cleaning shift solenoids, oil cooler, etc.....

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
6 in 45% portals
37x22 tires
FCP stage 3 tune
Rhino axles
Rb3 rack
Duel battery set up
Snorkel
I'm no expert but, you most likely need new clutches bro.
All that said Jennay AKA @JenElio is right! Da burnt on the grill like left over potatoes!

Why do portals guys get so defensive? 🤣

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yea that’s what I’m thinking too but wanted to ask before I spent 450 ish per clutch you know if you can find them cheaper anywear?
No man I have no idea on where the best place to source them are. I've lucky not had any issues with mine yet 🤞🤞🤞 one of the few reasons I haven't gone with a primarily mud build on mine. Thick/deep mud eats up clutches quicker(er)....the portal/gear reduction and the tune help some but it's just a matter of time before ya burn through them.

Good luck 👍....when you source them out come back and share it with us cause it's always helpful to have options 👍

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Whats the year and miles?
Asking for a friend! @JenElio
Man I play in the mud but I'm sure nowhere as much and as hard as @Bigmanlittlebuggy does. If I was strictly mudding though his build is close to what I'd be riding 😉........spending $$$ comes with that territory 🤷‍♂️

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Man I play in the mud but I'm sure nowhere as much and as hard as @Bigmanlittlebuggy does. If I was strictly mudding though his build is close to what I'd be riding 😉........spending $$$ comes with that territory 🤷‍♂️
Yup. It sure does.
I was just curious to what year his rig is and miles from running that hard at which he has to do for that terrain. Hes prob pissed at me
Now as why he wont answer the question 🤣 People get bent easy. Could have said POIDH of the clutches 🤷‍♂️

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup. It sure does.
I was just curious to what year his rig is and miles from running that hard at which he has to do for that terrain. Hes prob pissed at me
Now as why he wont answer the question 🤣 People get bent easy. Could have said POIDH of the clutches 🤷‍♂️
Nah not pissed unloading everything from the weekend trip it’s a 2021 I’m not sure of the miles probably around 1200 now could be more I’ll send pics of the clutches when I pull them out wish me luck

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nah not pissed unloading everything from the weekend trip it’s a 2021 I’m not sure of the miles probably around 1200 now could be more I’ll send pics of the clutches when I pull them out wish me luck
No your good on the clutch pics no need. I was being a smart ass.
I hope the job goes well for you. Take your time and dont rush if you get stuck, walk away for a while then come back to it. Good luck

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!