P1000 Winch and clutch update

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends on how much you use it. The transmissions are very sensitive to low voltage and can be fried if you run the battery down . A second battery can protect against that during heavy times of winching. Most put a 2nd in as cheap insurance.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@RSM74
What @dweber23tr said. U can can be fine the way it is , but that one time and youll be sorry. Buy once cry once I always say

Also, welcome to the forum
No pics of your rig yet. Just you Avatar dont count. ;)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Let the winch do its job and stay off the throttle, and you will be fine.
You could run into the clutch issues if you are winching hard and on and off the throttle.
But if you're not on the throttle, then it will be fine.
Rule - Stop winching, then throttle.

But that's easier to say than to do. lol.

RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RSM74
What @dweber23tr said. U can can be fine the way it is , but that one time and youll be sorry. Buy once cry once I always say

Also, welcome to the forum
No pics of your rig yet. Just you Avatar dont count. ;)
Thank you for the information and the welcome. I added my pictures maybe it takes a day to update I can see them

IMG 0696 IMG 0655

RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let the winch do its job and stay off the throttle, and you will be fine.
You could run into the clutch issues if you are winching hard and on and off the throttle.
But if you're not on the throttle, then it will be fine.
Rule - Stop winching, then throttle.

But that's easier to say than to do. lol.
Thank you

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even though you might not anticipate adding any other excited l accessories, ones that require electrical power, as you get out and about.... You'll most likely add many things. And, it's much better to let that second battery be the source for that need.

And, your OEM battery will be safe to start your engine and reliably allow your transmission to function optimally.

Not, expensive, but go ahead and add the True battery isolator kit.

Good luck, you're on the right track. Keep on trucking.

On Edit ***
Man, while I was making a post, several others were already doing the same! Sorry for and duplicate info. You've come to the right place to get help spending

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you 2016
I thank you for that information.
Still have the original tires time to get some new ones this week
Assuming not the original owner?
Did u get the records for it?
Just to see if updates and recalls were done on it? U can always call a dealer and have them run the vin to tell you.
Ive had a 16’ since new. There was alot of issues and updates to fix them cuz its the first run of the P1.
You can also use the search up top for 16’s issues and updates to get an idea. Just so u are aware and hopfully up to date

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even though you might not anticipate adding any other excited l accessories, ones that require electrical power, as you get out and about.... You'll most likely add many things. And, it's much better to let that second battery be the source for that need.

And, your OEM battery will be safe to start your engine and reliably allow your transmission to function optimally.

Not, expensive, but go ahead and add the True battery isolator kit.

Good luck, you're on the right track. Keep on trucking.

On Edit ***
Man, while I was making a post, several others were already doing the same! Sorry for and duplicate info. You've come to the right place to get help spending

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thank you

Reactions: TxDoc and Remington
RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Assuming not the original owner?
Did u get the records for it?
Just to see if updates and recalls were done on it? U can always call a dealer and have them run the vin to tell you.
Ive had a 16’ since new. There was alot of issues and updates to fix them cuz its the first run of the P1.
You can also use the search up top for 16’s issues and updates to get an idea. Just so u are aware and hopfully up to date
Yes original owner bought the service package got most of the recalls done going this week to the dealership to get one maybe 2 recalls done I missed out on the heat on the seats coming from the engine
I only have 2400 miles on her don’t ride in the summer in az lol

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes original owner bought the service package got most of the recalls done going this week to the dealership to get one maybe 2 recalls done I missed out on the heat on the seats coming from the engine
I only have 2400 miles on her don’t ride in the summer in az lol
Nice! Glad you found us after all these yrs.
The big question is…
Did u get the clutch update done when it was available since your the original owner? That was the biggest most important one that was out there

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since you already got the winch, why don't you try it with one battery. I only have one battery and use mine on logs mostly and haven't had any problems. I would suggest a simple voltage gage. Also, when winching you should only winch about 10-15 seconds and then wait about 30 seconds before winching again. I know that may sound a little much but the battery in these thing are not very big. This will help you from draining your battery too fast. And, welcome.

RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! Glad you found us after all these yrs.
The big question is…
Did u get the clutch update done when it was available since your the original owner? That was the biggest most important one that was out there
Talked to the dealership this morning they say that it was not a recall so since I didn’t didn’t ask about the update they didn’t do it even though it has been in for service under maintenance contract that I bought several times. Just like the heat on the seat
thank you for bringing this to my attention
I fought with the dealership and Honda about the heat on seat and they did nothing I showed them that I complained about the heat when it was in service they still didn’t do anything. So I sure they won’t do anything on the clutch update since I missed it. You would think when you spend money on a service contract that they would make sure all issues are taken care of
Have a great day

RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since you already got the winch, why don't you try it with one battery. I only have one battery and use mine on logs mostly and haven't had any problems. I would suggest a simple voltage gage. Also, when winching you should only winch about 10-15 seconds and then wait about 30 seconds before winching again. I know that may sound a little much but the battery in these thing are not very big. This will help you from draining your battery too fast. And, welcome.
Thank you

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!