Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Talked to the dealership this morning they say that it was not a recall so since I didn’t didn’t ask about the update they didn’t do it even though it has been in for service under maintenance contract that I bought several times. Just like the heat on the seat
thank you for bringing this to my attention
I fought with the dealership and Honda about the heat on seat and they did nothing I showed them that I complained about the heat when it was in service they still didn’t do anything. So I sure they won’t do anything on the clutch update since I missed it. You would think when you spend money on a service contract that they would make sure all issues are taken care of
Have a great day
Yeah that clutch campaign has ended. Should have been a recall imo.
If hasnt, might be worth the $$ to have it done before an issue arises .
Here is how to look and see if it was done
IMG 5175

Also, the seat heat thing is a joke. Get u a quick shield instead. Much better

Reactions: TxDoc and RSM74
RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even though you might not anticipate adding any other excited l accessories, ones that require electrical power, as you get out and about.... You'll most likely add many things. And, it's much better to let that second battery be the source for that need.

And, your OEM battery will be safe to start your engine and reliably allow your transmission to function optimally.

Not, expensive, but go ahead and add the True battery isolator kit.

Good luck, you're on the right track. Keep on trucking.

On Edit ***
Man, while I was making a post, several others were already doing the same! Sorry for and duplicate info. You've come to the right place to get help spending

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thank you

Reactions: TxDoc
RSM74

RSM74

Apr 6, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that clutch campaign has ended. Should have been a recall imo.
If hasnt, might be worth the $$ to have it done before an issue arises .
Here is how to look and see if it was doneView attachment 408143
Also, the seat heat thing is a joke. Get u a quick shield instead. Much better
I will get this done this week when it goes in for service
Thank you

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since you already got the winch, why don't you try it with one battery. I only have one battery and use mine on logs mostly and haven't had any problems. I would suggest a simple voltage gage. Also, when winching you should only winch about 10-15 seconds and then wait about 30 seconds before winching again. I know that may sound a little much but the battery in these thing are not very big. This will help you from draining your battery too fast. And, welcome.

You can get away with that short an off period "duty cycle" as the "on period" is a few seconds. BUT, and this is key, the duty cycle on most winches is on the order of 1 to 15 or 1 to 20 (one minute of hard pulling to 15 - 20 minutes of "off"/cooling time. Note that a typical 4,500 lb winch, like the Warn Axon that came on my P-1000-5, can draw over 200 amps at full load, and 30 amps while winding in almost slack rope. That's 360 watts of power consumed at essentially no load . . . so even no load it's got significant amounts of heat to deal with. Remember how hot a 100 watt lightbulb gets - - at full load, your winch is having to dissipate about 2,500 watts, and without the help of a cooling fan!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You can get away with that short an off period "duty cycle" as the "on period" is a few seconds. BUT, and this is key, the duty cycle on most winches is on the order of 1 to 15 or 1 to 20 (one minute of hard pulling to 15 - 20 minutes of "off"/cooling time. Note that a typical 4,500 lb winch, like the Warn Axon that came on my P-1000-5, can draw over 200 amps at full load, and 30 amps while winding in almost slack rope. That's 360 watts of power consumed at essentially no load . . . so even no load it's got significant amounts of heat to deal with. Remember how hot a 100 watt lightbulb gets - - at full load, your winch is having to dissipate about 2,500 watts, and without the help of a cooling fan!

Pffffffffffff!

Just send it! It's only money! :p

Reactions: RSM74 and bumperm

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!